Search found 14 matches

by mschumann
Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:32 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: BootloadHID with AVRDUDE?
Replies: 5
Views: 4430

Re: BootloadHID with AVRDUDE?

Sorry, I didnt clearly express my idea: Of course I want to use the 2K bootloader but I would like to use THE SAME USB Configuration in my firmware and the bootloader: HID, since it doesnt need any drivers on Windows. If Avrdude was adapted to that, it would be possible to: 1. Flash the firmware thr...
by mschumann
Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:13 am
Topic: [UPDATED] SetFeature problems
Replies: 4
Views: 3895

Re: [UPDATED] SetFeature problems

I think I have found the cause: After commenting out the dcf77 stuff (with lots of calculation) in timer2, no more errors occured. The DCF77 part was the first I did when getting aquainted with the ATMEGA so it is not very efficient and at that time I was not aware of potential timing issues. I will...
by mschumann
Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:57 pm

Re: [UPDATED] SetFeature problems

>> if the device stalls at some point, I would suspect a problem with interrupt latency for the USB interrupt. What could cause such a latency? Do you have an idea? Here is some data: - The device runs on 16MHz. - I drive a GLCD and all code driving the display is in functions that are called within...
by mschumann
Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:38 pm

Re: BootloadHID with AVRDUDE?

The idea was to prepare a chip with the HIDbootloader and then do further development only with vusb. Since I use HID and want to implement al flashing feature in my host application based on hidboot, it would be great to use avrdude also through this way. But you are right, for development I can fl...
by mschumann
Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:07 pm
Topic: odDebugInit() always neccessary?
Replies: 1
Views: 2167

odDebugInit() always neccessary?

As the title says, is odDebugInit() always necessary? Can I omit the debugging code somehow?
by mschumann
Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:50 pm

BootloadHID with AVRDUDE?

Currently I use AVRGCC which uses AVRDUDE to flash the chip (I use the AVR-ISP MKII). Christian pointed me at the BootloadHID possibility to flash the chip without any programmer and on Windows without any driver (since HID Device). I was wondering whether someone already has managed to use AVRDUDE ...
by mschumann
Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:01 am

[UPDATED] SetFeature problems

UPDATE Is it possible that my code is now too big that usbpoll() doesnt get called often enough? Is there a way to priorize usbpoll() over other code like the sei() I have in my timer1 routine that solved the other problem? Or could I call usbPoll in my timer2 overflow that drives my dcf77 with back...
by mschumann
Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:35 pm
Topic: [SOLVED] Firmware Update through VUSB
Replies: 2
Views: 2756

Re: Firmware Update through VUSB

Thanks a lot. No single second I regret having decided to use the atmel family for my handicraft work.
by mschumann
Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:13 pm
Topic: [SOLVED] Firmware Update through VUSB
Views: 2756

[SOLVED] Firmware Update through VUSB

Is it possible to extend the HID-DATA Example in a way that one can update the firmware through this USB Port? I saw some applications where usb routines write to flash. I don't understand how this can be done while a program is running in exactly that flash memory. Any help, tip and/or explanation ...
by mschumann
Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:08 pm
Topic: [SOLVED] Problems on ATMEGA32/16MHz
Views: 2821

Re: Problems on ATMEGA32/16MHz

Thanks,
thats exactly what I found out after several nights testing. I now have the sei() directly at the beginning of the critical timer overflow interrupt 0 and it runs like clockwork.
Thanks for your reply!
micha
by mschumann
Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:02 pm
Topic: [SOLVED] RC5 and VUSB
Replies: 0
Views: 4173

[SOLVED] RC5 and VUSB

Has anyone managed to get an rc5 (infrared remote control) decoding and vusb running both on a chip with 16 MHz or less? The solution to the Problem was to enable interrupt within the polling timer so that it doesnt block the USB interrupts. I nearly went crazy because the USB stack crashed when I u...
by mschumann
Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:37 pm
Topic: [SOLVED] Problems on ATMEGA32/16MHz
Views: 2821

[SOLVED] Problems on ATMEGA32/16MHz

Hi, I am still working on my HTPC controller using an ATMEGA32, Graphical LCD, IR decoding ans USB (HID-Device) along with decoding some switches and two rotary encoders. All works well except for the USB port crashing from time to time. A lot of experiments seem to indicate that usbPoll() is under ...
by mschumann
Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:51 pm
Topic: [UPDATED] Using AVRUSB with Delphi TJvHidDevice
Replies: 1
Views: 4594

[UPDATED] Using AVRUSB with Delphi TJvHidDevice

[UPDATE] I now found a better solution using the way shown by example HID_DATA from VUSB. It also works well with TJvHidDevice but one has to use the getFeature/setFeature methods for data transfer instead of reports. This doesnt trigger the events of the component so you have to poll it with a time...
by mschumann
Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:14 pm
Topic: ATMEGA 32, LibUSB Win32 and Delphi - Access Denied
Replies: 0
Views: 3781

ATMEGA 32, LibUSB Win32 and Delphi - Access Denied

Using an ATMEGA32 at 16MHz I implemented (g)LCD, DCF77 and RC5 for an HTPC Controller. Everything works quite well but the Host USB side gets stuck after transferring some or more remote control codes. LibUSB then delivers -5 (access denied as far as I found out). I use LibUSB for Windows 32 and Lib...