Search found 55 matches

by Daid
Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:21 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: Store HID-descriptor in flash memory?
Replies: 1
Views: 2724

Re: Store HID-descriptor in flash memory?

the HID descriptor is stored in flash by default:

Code: Select all

PROGMEM char usbHidReportDescriptor[24] = {

PROGMEM puts it in flash.

V-USB in normal config doesn't use a lot of RAM. You can save 1 or 2 bytes by using the GPIOR registers as SRAM. But that's about it.
by Daid
Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:16 pm
Topic: v-usb + interrupts?
Replies: 5
Views: 6669

Re: v-usb + interrupts?

Because entering an interrupt routine disables global interrupts, and exiting the interrupt routine enables them again.
by Daid
Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:18 pm

I've used timer interrupts to control step motors without an issue for the V-USB connection. Without enabling interrupts in the timer.

If you want to enable interrupts inside the interrupt you need to do an "sei();" call inside the interrupt.
by Daid
Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:08 pm
Topic: How to manually wire USB?
Views: 2759

Re: How to manually wire USB?

This has nothing to do with V-USB.

But, FYI, most devices charge with just the power connected. However, the iPhone is different. It will not work with just 5V connected, search online and you'll find a solution.
by Daid
Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:05 pm

This is possible, however, you need to make sure the USB interrupt is the highest you use. And you need to make sure your other interrupt doesn't take too long (or enable interrupts inside the interrupt routine)
by Daid
Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:59 pm
Topic: Noob Help
Replies: 3
Views: 4039

Re: Noob Help

I managed to reflash the bootloader using UsbTinyIsp and the config below, but now the Metaboard shows up as an "Unknown Device" and will not accept the drivers. An unknown device even shows up when there is no software in the chip, just the pullup on the D- line causes your machine to se...
by Daid
Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:55 pm
Topic: V-USB on Atmel UC3 series ?
Views: 2689

Re: V-USB on Atmel UC3 series ?

It looks to me like only the lowest level bit-banging routines would need examination for use with the AVR32 instruction set, since the rest of the code is in C. I don't want to re-invent the wheel here, so please let me know if anyone has already tried this. Thanks, Most of the magic is in the low...
by Daid
Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:08 pm
Topic: Noob Help
Views: 4039

Re: Noob Help

If the chip is lacking a bootloader then you need an "In Circuit Programer" (ISP) to program the chip. This is an additional piece of hardware. There are many different versions from cheap to expensive. However, I don't think people would sell this without the bootloader programmed. So it ...
by Daid
Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:03 pm
Topic: reset device via bootloader?
Replies: 11
Views: 8103

Re: reset device via bootloader?

My answer is as good as your question. You didn't give much info, so I couldn't give much info.
by Daid
Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:12 am
Topic: LOOSING USB Connection
Views: 2629

Re: LOOSING USB Connection

Any chance the PC goes into some hibernation or powersaving mode? USB supports that but V-USB doesn't.
by Daid
Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:11 am
Topic: reset device via bootloader?
Replies: 11
Views: 8103

Re: reset device via bootloader?

Yes.
by Daid
Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:41 am
Topic: NES Controller problems!?!?
Replies: 6
Views: 5326

Re: NES Controller problems!?!?

I've used almost the same descriptor for a gamepad without problems for WinXP and WinVista.
But maybe the PID/VID pair has something to do with it. Or the silly caching that windows does.
by Daid
Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:53 pm
Topic: Problem when changing usbHidReportDescriptor
Views: 4473

Re: Problem when changing usbHidReportDescriptor

Well, USB_CFG_HID_REPORT_DESCRIPTOR_LENGTH should not be larger then 255 I can say you that with a quick glance at the code. But I don't think you have crossed that limit. Other then that I don't know...
by Daid
Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:27 am
Topic: Generic serial (RS232) driver - use a std on the PC
Replies: 2
Views: 3883

Re: Generic serial (RS232) driver - use a std on the PC

Using V-USB as serial driver will is problematic. Because the CDC profile is not allowed with low-speed (and V-USB is always low-speed). It is possible, but it requires some hacks on the computer side. Also new USB chips seem to refuse this in some cases, and Windows 7 has also made this harder. In ...
by Daid
Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:10 pm
Topic: Need help! Trying to establish connection, but failed..
Replies: 4
Views: 5466

Re: Need help! Trying to establish connection, but failed..

You cannot "break" an AVR with wrong fuses. The only 2 things you can do that cause problems:
-Disable ISP (however, this is only available when using high voltage programming)
-Set an external crystal without having one connected