Search found 7 matches

by bt101
Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:52 am
Forum: V-USB
Topic: usbasploader without prog button and timeout?
Replies: 0
Views: 42972

usbasploader without prog button and timeout?

Hi I'm using the original usbasploader. I wanted two mods: 1. Not need to use a program button/jumper (always go into the loader when reset is hit, but not power up) 2. I timeout that would jump to the user code if no program was loaded The first item was simple enough with one simple mod (I made Bo...
by bt101
Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:10 am
Topic: Why error -71 when doing control transfer?
Replies: 1
Views: 2691

Re: Why error -71 when doing control transfer?

I scoped the signal and it looks perfect. When I have the scope probes attached, I can easily introduce noise (I'm not sure if it should be that easy to introduce noise, but that is another matter). Whenever there is noise, the vusb firmware does not seem to recover. It never responds from the host ...
by bt101
Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:56 am
Topic: Why error -71 when doing control transfer?
Replies: 1
Views: 2691

Why error -71 when doing control transfer?

Hi - I'm stress testing VUSB by having the host loop while doing control reads and writes. For the firmware I'm using the hid-data example code. The loop will run successfully for days and then I'll get an error -71 on the host when reading or writing. I keep getting the -71 and I can only get it wo...
by bt101
Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:02 am
Topic: How do you enable INTERRUPT transfers?
Replies: 5
Views: 8060

Re: How do you enable INTERRUPT transfers?

Thanks for the help. I finally got it working. I thought I'd share the host code. I dunno about anybody else but I prefer perl as it is easy to use and develop. A lot of the examples have tons of C code spread over multiple files and they are extremely difficult to follow. The below code will read 8...
by bt101
Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:23 am

Re: How do you enable INTERRUPT transfers?

Thanks for the info. I should clarify that when I say that my program will do nothing for 99.9% of the time, I'm literally refering to "my" program. It does almost nothing but wait. So I would imagine that it would be better if it blocked, rather than sitting in a loop burning cycles. So t...
by bt101
Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:54 am

How do you enable INTERRUPT transfers?

I'm going bananas trying to figure out what method to use to send info between the host and USB device (honestly this USB spec seems like the most overly complicated way to accomplish the simplest task - Rube Goldberg would shake his head). I want to make linux host software that will "sit ther...
by bt101
Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:18 am
Topic: V-USB as a Serial Port - Is That OK?
Replies: 2
Views: 3454

V-USB as a Serial Port - Is That OK?

Hi - I just got V-USB working and I am impressed. I was able to get the hid-data example working. As I move forward, can you guys point me in the right direction? I am really, really used to talking to my controllers using rs-232 or USB to rs-232 converters. I can easily write perl programs to open ...