Search found 122 matches

by maxi
Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:02 am
Forum: V-USB
Topic: Mass Storage class over V-USB
Replies: 26
Views: 24895

Re: Mass Storage class over V-USB

Hi Saimon, welcome back that is great news!
I for one would love to see what you have done and i'm sure I can speak for others. 8)
by maxi
Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:22 pm
Topic: Noob needing compile help
Replies: 7
Views: 7400

Re: Noob needing compile help

Sounds like you are not adding the necessary paths to include directories. Go into configuration options and add the path to usbdrv along with ./ & ../(the current directory and parent). If you're still stuck then why not take a look at the avr-cdc project as it comes with avr studio project fil...
by maxi
Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:31 am
Topic: Noob needing compile help
Views: 7400

Re: Noob needing compile help

BackWoodsBrewer wrote:I just cannot get it to build.

What error messages did you get?
by maxi
Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:22 am
Topic: Libusb or not?
Replies: 9
Views: 7714

Re: Libusb or not?

As far as I am aware, the driver splits all control transfers (function read/write) into 8 byte packets regardless of the payload. Maybe you need to use an interrupt endpoint?

Sorry, i'm really not sure what you are trying to do.
by maxi
Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:07 am
Topic: Libusb or not?
Replies: 9
Views: 7714

Re: Libusb or not?

eslavko wrote:If I use HID device can I send the data thru control endpoint 0?

Sure, by using HID feature reports. Try out the HID-data example, hopefully it will answer the rest of your questions and does pretty much what you're asking already. 8)
by maxi
Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:53 pm
Topic: v-usb and atxmega?
Replies: 6
Views: 6530

Re: v-usb and atxmega?

Sorry, I've not gotten hold of an xmega yet or I would gladly give it a shot. However, looking at the spec sheet I am confident that the xmega is easily capable of running a software usb stack. So I guess the only question is whether V-USB will compile and run without too much modification. Since th...
by maxi
Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:35 am
Topic: neat part: USBUF02W6 USB buffer
Replies: 4
Views: 4117

Re: neat part: USBUF02W6 USB buffer

Ah yes I think I meant to say supply Unfortunately, a 3.3V supply rules out a good number of AVR8s for F_CPU After looking over the datasheet linked in your OP, I have been wondering if the following setup might work: Operate the MCU from the 5V from the USB port and feed the 3.3V pin on the USBUF0...
by maxi
Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:04 pm
Topic: neat part: USBUF02W6 USB buffer
Replies: 4
Views: 4117

Re: neat part: USBUF02W6 USB buffer

All you need is provide a 3.3V signal to it. Certainly looks interesting but doesn't it also require a 3.3V supply? If so then we still need to use a LDO regulator or series diode voltage drop. However, given all the added bonuses like EMI & ESD protection it is probably well worth considering ...
by maxi
Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:47 pm
Topic: HW interrupt problem
Replies: 2
Views: 2736

Re: HW interrupt problem

Am I doing something wrong, or is this as specified? Yes, the 250 ms delay in an interrupt service routine is a BIG no no, regardless of the fact that the you must call usbPoll() at least once every 50 ms. Better increment a (volatile)global counter and toggleGreen every so many iterations. Hope it...
by maxi
Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:25 pm
Topic: Dev-cpp
Replies: 1
Views: 2385

Re: Dev-cpp

Is this possible to make a c++ project with libusb? I have done so with MSVC++ like this extern "C" { #include "opendevice.h" } usb_dev_handle *m_Handle = NULL; Where opendevice.h & .c are taken directly from the v-usb custom class example. The device is initialized like so ...
by maxi
Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:40 pm
Topic: V-USB newbie
Replies: 13
Views: 14811

Re: V-USB newbie

Hi 1. Does V-USB allowing "real time" communication of an uC with the computer via USB? That depends on what you mean by 'real time'. From a technical point of view the answer would be no, however from a user's perspective it could possibly be considered as such (think: keyboard/mouse). Re...
by maxi
Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:52 pm
Topic: Displaying An Animation When Device Get Plugged
Views: 5464

Re: Displaying An Animation When Device Get Plugged

Just a wild guess, since it is a mass-storage class device, the actual splash animation may well be an executable file stored on the drive itself that gets 'autorun' on connection. I doubt very much this will be possible for any V-USB device regardless.
by maxi
Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:45 pm
Topic: HID_Data with Delphi...
Views: 10913

Re: HID_Data with Delphi...

On jvHid is more example . If use this example then can find and see information for all HID devices connected in System (VID , PID, serial number ...) but how use it for read and write data in to MCU ???? Is there not also an example of how to read/write? I do not use Delphi myself nor do I have a...
by maxi
Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:41 pm
Topic: HIDKeys - Readme.txt clarifaction
Replies: 3
Views: 3227

Re: HIDKeys - Readme.txt clarifaction

You can also use the ones listed here: http://www.lvr.com/development_tools.htm . Scroll to the bottom of the page and be sure the read the terms carefully. Alternatively you could consider purchasing a licence for V-USB, see: http://www.obdev.at/products/vusb/license.html
by maxi
Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:04 pm
Topic: HID_Data with Delphi...
Views: 10913

Re: HID_Data with Delphi...

Perhaps you will get a better reply on the Delphi forums. Working example code has been provided which can be compiled under MinGW or even MSVC (with a few tweaks). The biggest problem I think you will face is finding a compatible version of the Driver Delevopment Kit (DDK) required to compile the H...