Search found 18 matches

by spiky
Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:36 am
Forum: V-USB
Topic: VUSB bidirectional implementations
Replies: 3
Views: 3086

Re: VUSB bidirectional implementations

thats right . you have to use large buffers for a serial COM - USB converter. Or you can reduce the speed of the serial COM to much less than half of the maximum data transfer speed USB offers and manage with a small bufer. 1. thats right. 2. There are so many fantastic projects made using V-USB her...
by spiky
Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:54 pm
Topic: V-USB speed
Replies: 16
Views: 25683

Re: V-USB speed

this isnt my library. The #USBLib library which has been updated is here

http://tommyfive.untied.de/usblib/

my library sits on top of this. If you give the name of the V_USB device , it scans for it and then allows you to send control messages to it.
If you want mine , i can upload it. Specify where you want me to upload it.
by spiky
Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:04 pm
Topic: VUSB bidirectional implementations
Views: 3086

Re: VUSB bidirectional implementations

USB 2.0 spec itself doesnt support full duplex communication for that matter. No USB device ( yes , even a hi speed one ) as of today supports full duplex communication. USB 3.0 i think will support full duplex communication at super speed ( 5 Gbps ) .Something impossible and unnecessary on an 8bit ...
by spiky
Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:49 pm
Topic: How to know if device has been connected to the USB ?
Replies: 10
Views: 7748

Re: How to know if device has been connected to the USB ?

thanks grendel. That looks like the easiest way.
by spiky
Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:01 am

thanks. i'll try it out .
by spiky
Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:30 pm

Thanks for the tip Grendel , but it doesnt seem to help. usbConfiguration doesnt seem to change at all.
by spiky
Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:26 pm
Topic: How to develop avrusb in host by c#?(my english is poor...)
Views: 3844

Re: How to develop avrusb in host by c#?(my english is poor...)

LibUSBdotNet is popular. I havent used it. SharpUSBLib is what i use. m It doesnt look like the original author is ever going to update it. But it has been updated by this guy. The 2009 version which can be obtained using the link below is much better. I am very comfortable with it. m google transla...
by spiky
Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:59 pm
Topic: Development Time
Replies: 5
Views: 4087

Re: Development Time

2 hours. Including the one hour i wasted because the USB cable i bought from a local store did not follow the color coding as described in wikipedia. I havent attempted HID but custom class devices are very easy to make with V-USB. The author has done everything for you. Someone with even very littl...
by spiky
Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:54 pm

My apologies for the late reply.

Thanks for the suggestion grendel. But it doesnt work for me. I tested the variable usbConfiguration in the main loop. It doesnt change at all. If i disconnect or re-connect the device , it remains the same. Is there something i did wrong ?
by spiky
Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:24 pm

I had never thought of that ! i have only windows XP at home. If i test it in other platforms , i'll drop a note here.
Thanks for all the support.
by spiky
Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:23 pm

How to know if device has been connected to the USB ?

Hello, When a certain V-USB device is running , how can the device know if it has been plugged into the USB ? Like how an ipod says "Do not Disconnect" once plugged to the USB. The simplest way maybe to send a control message to the device informing it. But that requires the vendor applica...
by spiky
Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:17 pm

Sad. It worked so well for me and my friend. Better than a USB - RS232 converter we had bought a few weaks ago. I suppose time critical tasks which require USB interrupts to be disabled at certain times are not possible on all hosts. I was hoping i could find a way to do that without having to use a...
by spiky
Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:20 am
Topic: [SOLVED]usbFunctionSetup to read/write memory
Views: 3518

Re: usbFunctionSetup to read memory location

I dont have an answer but i propose an alternative.

How about creating a global array ? Pass that array to usbMsgPtr. In your Main loop or elsewhere , you can modify that array. Is there any particular reason you wish to read from a specific location ?
by spiky
Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:26 am

@ali_asadzadeh , i've written no documentation. but it should be easy as i'm giving you the source. There's nothing much in my library. It keeps attempting the control transfer for 100 times. You need SHarpUSBLib as well. http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f59081471384dbb2b94117dade8fc295e04e75f6e8e...
by spiky
Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:27 am

You are most welcome. With regard to the distortion you see , in my opinion , there are 2 causes 1. USB interrupts are disturbing the time critical sampling. 2. ADC is unable to produce accurate samples because supply voltage variation is too much. Try adding decoupling caps to solve this problem. I...