Search found 122 matches

by maxi
Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:35 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: problem with LEDControl example
Replies: 20
Views: 16012

Re: problem with LEDControl example

Hmm, it's difficult to tell from the photo but it looks to my like you might not have connected D+/- to the correct pins on the uC. If it's not that then I'm afraid I can't help.
Perhaps someone a bit more linux savvy can glean more from the dmesg output.
by maxi
Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:09 pm

Ok, try putting the zeners on the other side of the 68R series resistors and see if that helps.
by maxi
Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:41 pm

I added capacitors but that didn't help either. The feedback caps on the crystal are IMO essential for this type of application, check the datasheet to be sure you're using the optimal values. There should also be some filter caps across the supply, I usually go for 100n & 4u7 though this is le...
by maxi
Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:27 pm

Can't see anything obvious myself but I'm guessing it's a hardware issue. Those zeners should be ok though, I'm pretty sure they're the same ones I use. Perhaps you could provide a bit more info about your setup, eg. is it on breadboard? can you post a photo of it? Might also be helpful to know whic...
by maxi
Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:08 pm
Topic: Help! Windows stopped device it reported a problem?
Replies: 11
Views: 7164

Re: Help! Windows stopped device it reported a problem?

If it IS a mega8 (not mega8A or mega8L) then I don't think it's rated for < 4.5v operation. Check the datasheet for your device and make sure it can run at 16Mhz at ~3.6v.
by maxi
Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:41 pm
Topic: LIRC + V-USB for HTPC interface
Replies: 2
Views: 3026

Re: LIRC + V-USB for HTPC interface

Not quite V-USB or HID but a good starting point might be: http://www.xs4all.nl/~dicks/avr/usbtiny/ Also look at the InfraHID project.
by maxi
Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:21 pm
Topic: Help! Windows stopped device it reported a problem?
Replies: 11
Views: 7164

Re: Help! Windows stopped device it reported a problem?

On the d+ line i have a zener diode in series with another zener diode in opposite direction (i.e. clipper diode configuration) to produce a 2.9+.7 voltage drop. I suggest you try one of the setups recommended in the wiki http://vusb.wikidot.com/hardware You may be getting the correct levels initia...
by maxi
Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:18 pm
Topic: Mass Storage class over V-USB
Replies: 26
Views: 24926

Re: Mass Storage class over V-USB

Just a quick update, I found a slight mistake on my breadboard setup. Basically I had the pull-up resistor on the wrong side of the series resistor. Still the same under Vista (though this has been explained) but now my XP box correctly identifies the device and it shows up in 'My Computer' as an ex...
by maxi
Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:32 am

Ok, I have built up a test rig with my mega88. When I first plugged it in things seemed quite promising, the device was recognised as a usb mass-storage device but fails when trying to install the driver. That was Vista so I thought I might have more luck with XP however my old desktop doesn't recog...
by maxi
Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:16 pm

Looking at the code I think the basic setup is D+ on INT1 (Pin 5), D- on INT0 (Pin 4). There also appears to be two LED's, Green on PC2 (Pin 25) and Red on PC3 (Pin 26) Both seem to be active low. I now see what needs changed for mega88 compilation (Thanks Grendel) I will try it myself later when I ...
by maxi
Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:55 am

I am interested in this too and have ported what I think are the necessary bits to avr-gcc and got it to compile with AVR Studio. Unfortunately I don't have a mega8, I do have a mega88 but when I try to compile for that I get an error that GICR is not defined. I'm sure its not insurmountable but for...
by maxi
Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:45 pm
Topic: trouble with ddk and bootloader command line
Replies: 3
Views: 3353

Re: trouble with ddk and bootloader command line

Don't know if it's any help but I just tried it with WDK and it compiled ok for me using VC2005. The setup used was much the same as I describe for the hid-data example in this post:

http://forums.obdev.at/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3388
by maxi
Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:20 pm
Topic: Problem compiling examples with Visual Studio 2008
Replies: 22
Views: 22449

Re: Problem compiling examples with Visual Studio 2008

What about the hid-data example? I hear you ask (or maybe not). Anyway, I decided to try out a notion of mine that it might be possible to compile the example project with Visual Studio using the DDK headers from MinGW. To cut a long story short I couldn't do it, which ever way I tried I was blighte...
by maxi
Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:07 pm

Regarding Visual Studio, I have just finished making myself a USBasp (works an absolute treat btw) so now I porting some of my previous work onto my notebook. I have been configuring MSVC (2005 Express) for libusb so I put together this quick how-to based on the custom-class example, here goes: Open...
by maxi
Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:35 pm

Glad I could be of assistance, though I am really not sure what's wrong now. Assuming VID & PID match and you have not changed the name of the device from the default 'LEDControl' check the following: Does your device show up in Device Manager under LibUSB-Win32 devices as LEDControl (This devic...