Search found 36 matches

by eslavko
Tue May 20, 2014 11:52 am
Forum: V-USB
Topic: Crossplatform libusb
Replies: 1
Views: 4798

Re: Crossplatform libusb

Hello... I do 'brute force' test to see what parameters pass. And I found that in Win the bRequest can be only one of: USBRQ_GET_CONFIGURATION 8 USBRQ_GET_INTERFACE 10 USBRQ_SET_INTERFACE 11 so there is no wanted HID request I want. USBRQ_HID_GET_REPORT 0x01 USBRQ_HID_SET_REPORT 0x09 And bmRequestTy...
by eslavko
Tue May 20, 2014 9:43 am
Topic: Crossplatform libusb
Replies: 1
Views: 4798

Crossplatform libusb

Hello... I want to write linux/win application in python. But I can't get win version working on linux works nice. The minimum example to shov error is below. In both systems selecting right device works, but control write fain on windows with bad parametter error. anny idea? import usb1, libusb1 bm...
by eslavko
Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:33 pm
Topic: libusb and linux
Replies: 0
Views: 6263

libusb and linux

Helo... I have little ADC working in windows. Now I like to port to linux (raspberry/beaglebone). ADC act as HID. The working solution is writen in basic. After oppening USB (to get handle) I just repeated read like this declare function HidD_GetFeature lib "hid.dll" alias "HidD_GetFe...
by eslavko
Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:55 pm
Topic: Composite device
Replies: 3
Views: 5248

Re: Composite device

No the Musescore can't translate that. (but seems to be on to-do list) I found that there is software translator from MIDI to keyboard named MIDI-OX / Bome Midi translator. It's windows application and works. But need to run two programs. At least do the job. But for linux I can't find anything. So ...
by eslavko
Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:23 pm

Re: Composite device

To be clear what I want to do. I have a bunch of handwritten notes on paper and want to retype in computer. I found MuseScore to be great. The note entering can be done with keyboard but it has lack of easy octave and #b selection. With Midi keyboard (I just plug the shintesizer with MIDI and test) ...
by eslavko
Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:11 am

Composite device

Hello...

I just would to know if it's possible to have two devices in same AVR. Ie I want MIDI and KEYBOARD in same chip. (Probably this is called composite device) I search the forum but can't find solution. Is it possible at all?

Thanks
by eslavko
Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:38 pm
Topic: Licence
Replies: 5
Views: 5353

Re: Licence

Also, GPL infects. Any source coming on contact with GPL code also needs to be GPL. So if you use an LCD library with V-USB for example, then you also need to put that under GPL. Just that part is unclear to me. I understand that all stuff in AVR (Firmware) must be released as source. But I'm not s...
by eslavko
Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: Licence

The license doesn't cover the PC side. The license also doesn't cover the schematics as far as I know. It only covers the microcontroller code. Just publish the source and have no fear. Many projects sell open source products, arduino being one of the major visible projects. And with only 8-10 cust...
by eslavko
Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:47 pm
Topic: Serial number in EEPROM.
Replies: 0
Views: 4877

Serial number in EEPROM.

Hello...

How to set Serial number in eeprom instead of flash?
Do I need to enable dynamic descriptor's and handle all of them or is there some other simple way?

thanks.
by eslavko
Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Licence

Hello... I just stumbled how to legal sell few units with VUSB stack. The one option I see is to publish all the doccumentation. But I don't like to do that. The other is to buy licence for 199Eur. Little expensive as I expect 5 to 10 device to be selled. Do I have some other options? If I publish s...
by eslavko
Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:45 am
Topic: Isolation?
Replies: 14
Views: 9359

Re: Isolation?

What are R1/R2/D1/D2 for? You also have to consider that many/most optocouplers have an open collector output and therefore need another pullup. That's are pullup as photocoupler are open collector. And diode asc as tristate switch when anode is low. I will try that when I have little more spare ti...
by eslavko
Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:46 pm

You could add another (non-inverting) buffer that drives the LEDs of IC4. Or you connect R5 and R6 also to AVR_DIR and place a MOSFET which you drive with USB_D+/-. R5 and R6 are already driven by AVR. Probably the USB bus can't sink or source enought current to drive LED directly so some buffer wi...
by eslavko
Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:49 pm

The pullup for device recongnision to D- is not drawn.
The pullups shown was enabled only when AVR is in transmitt mode. When receiving there are actualy pulldown but diodes make that like Tristated. I'm afraid that USB lines are to weak to drive optocouplers (AVR in receive mode)
by eslavko
Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:59 pm

Something like this...

Power supply and Rx/Tx control isn't isolated here http://slavko.kocjancic.eu/vusb.pdf
by eslavko
Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:47 am

I think the isolating 2 wires should be easyer than 24.... just need to try.