Search found 4 matches

by vputz
Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:38 am
Forum: V-USB
Topic: Any working XInput compatible code?
Replies: 2
Views: 4763

Any working XInput compatible code?

I've got my device working as a combination HID 6-axis 16-button joystick/keyboard/mouse monstrosity, and that handles a lot of things, but it'd be really nice to get it working for, well, games. And most games nowadays use XInput, which means they don't see DirectInput compatible devices... so whil...
by vputz
Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:01 pm
Topic: Composite Joy/Key/Mouse report descriptor failing....
Replies: 1
Views: 2932

Re: Composite Joy/Key/Mouse report descriptor failing....

Looks like I fixed it; not sure what the problem was but I broke the joystick report into a four-axis 16-button report and a separate two-axis report (for the lesser-used axes). Now it seems to work OK; haven't tried it with full device operation yet (ie joystick+mouse+kbd) but that is coming.
by vputz
Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:01 pm
Topic: Composite Joy/Key/Mouse report descriptor failing....
Replies: 1
Views: 2932

Composite Joy/Key/Mouse report descriptor failing....

I'm working on a device which acts as a composite joystick/mouse/keyboard-- and actually made it quite far using three different report IDs. Unfortunately, the joystick report was quite long (6 axes at 10 bits apiece plus 16 buttons, plus a byte for the report ID meant I needed to do the "send ...
by vputz
Mon May 25, 2009 11:45 am
Topic: hid: joystick reports kill device, mouse/keyboard OK
Replies: 0
Views: 4699

hid: joystick reports kill device, mouse/keyboard OK

I'm working on a fun little device which converts the old serial SpaceOrb 360, SpaceBall 2000/4000, and Magellan devices to USB joystick/mouse/keyboard devices. Works like a charm--sort of. It used to work beautifully as a joystick, but now that I've added keyboard and mouse, the keyboard/mouse bind...