Search found 481 matches

by ulao
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:41 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: V-USB and OTG feature
Replies: 1
Views: 36782

Re: V-USB and OTG feature

If you are looking to use the v-usb as a host (OTG) then no. That's not going to happen. The v-usb hardly keeps up with usb 1.1 high speed. And it does so at the cutting edge. FYI: v-usb has not seen growth in some time. It has no plans to evolve. Mainly because most chips now have usb build in to t...
by ulao
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:43 pm
Topic: hid-data comunication problem
Replies: 3
Views: 47362

Re: hid-data comunication problem

First byte is report ID if there are report IDs in the report. In the case you do not use Report ID's, the first byte is first data.
by ulao
Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:06 pm
Topic: hid-data comunication problem
Replies: 3
Views: 47362

Re: hid-data comunication problem

yeah,

usbRequest_t *rq = (void *)data;
char rID = rq->wValue.bytes[0];//report ID;

then you can do

if(rq->bRequest == USBRQ_HID_GET_REPORT)//features reports.
and
if (rID == 1)

wait.. This is a 2 year old post? LOL Don't bump those man... ;)
by ulao
Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:03 pm
Topic: Can't copy vaiable "data" to another variable inside "usbFunctionWrite"
Replies: 2
Views: 38964

Re: Can't copy vaiable "data" to another variable inside "usbFunctionWrite"

I'm not sure off hand how the c compiler handles shadow vs one to one copying in c but it is generally better to use memcpy.
by ulao
Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:21 pm
Topic: modify usbFunctionRead
Replies: 27
Views: 173060

Re: modify usbFunctionRead

Again, one more time. That value does not make the OS go faster. If the OS is 2ms, and you set 8ms, than yes it will slow down to 8ms. If you change it to 1ms, the OS will still be 2ms. So set it to 1, and tell yourself it can not go lower, and setting it higher will only slow it down. Best to leave...
by ulao
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:46 pm

No the usb poll rate is not going at 1. Not only is that just embarrassing thing to say, it's technically impossible. You would need to prove this with a usb analyzer. A script is not suffice. Again, this setting is for the enpoints 1 in this case. If you are talking about control transfers then sur...
by ulao
Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:35 pm

#define USB_CFG_INTR_POLL_INTERVAL 1 /* If you compile a version with endpoint 1 (interrupt-in), this is the poll * interval. The value is in milliseconds and must not be less than 10 ms for * low speed devices . */ Again, your not understating things. All the info is right in front of you. 1) This ...
by ulao
Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:03 pm

You already asked that... You seem to be failing at understating here. As mentioned a few times now... 1) The poll rate/refresh rate/speed/whatever you want to call it is 8ms or 125Hz. 2) There is no way to change this other then hacking the driver. So you said I was able to get 1ms , if you explain...
by ulao
Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:12 pm

I mean the refresh rate. There is no such thing as a USB refresh rate, this is rubbish, define what you claim if you want help.The default USB polling rate is 125 Hz, which means every 8 milliseconds but it is possible to increase the USB polling rate via driver hacking. Can i use more than 2 inter...
by ulao
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:43 pm

The only way to change the poll rate is to hack the driver. So what do you mean my refresh rate, there is no such setting? v-usb Supports multiple endpoints: one control endpoint, two interrupt/bulk-in endpoints and up to 7 interrupt/bulk-out endpoints I have not clocked the usb data trasfer but I t...
by ulao
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:03 pm

What is the fastest poll rate for interrupts. On v-ubs you must use 1.1 high speed spec. That is going to be 10ms. but all Os's show 8ms in my experience. The fastest i got is 1ms. For what? You will never see this on usb 1.1 interrupt data and most certainty not on v-usb. Maybe with control transf...
by ulao
Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:16 pm

Your picking apart my post without understanding it. let me put it another way, Interrupts, .............8ms (poll), .............8ms (poll), .............8ms (poll), .............8ms (poll) Will always poll and will always get data if the device is ready. The host does not wait. control transfers. ...
by ulao
Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:52 pm

Yeah but your still asking to hack up USB, and I'm telling you, you will have a hard time getting away with this. v-usb didn't invent USB so changing the paradigm is unwise. My suggestion is to work with it not against it. I need to configure the usn every 2 bytes and not send the rest till the data...
by ulao
Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:19 pm

Ok but the function is not called based on bytes it's called based on the poll rate and then the size of the payload. I'm not going to make any rash assumptions here but I'm staring to think you're missing how USB works. If you want to configure the ADC on a time interval use timers. If you want to ...
by ulao
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:32 pm

the entire reason for usbFunctionRead is when data exceeds 8 bytes, so if you have 2 there is no need to call it.

but, if you want to change that you will have to modify usbdrv.cpp. Undesired bugs will occur.