Search found 7 matches

by CRP
Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:53 am
Forum: V-USB
Topic: atmega8+V-USB to emulate PS3 joypad
Replies: 28
Views: 123655

Re: atmega8+V-USB to emulate PS3 joypad

PS is button 13, but there are also a few bytes (0x21, 0x26,...) that are to be sent to the PS3 right after the hid report. This is done on v-usb in the usbFunctionSetup function. If you look at the full HID report descriptor for the Sixaxis there is a whole section at the end which is FEATURE and O...
by CRP
Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:24 pm

Wow, that was it!! I just modified the descriptor from size 16 to size 19, then the rest of the code accordingly and now everything works perfectly even with full descriptor. So the bottom line is that it is fully possible to build PS3 USB controllers with v-usb on an atmega8 Thanks very much for yo...
by CRP
Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:44 pm

I'm afraid my knowledge of the USB protocol is very limited. I have tried messing *a lot* with the hid descriptor, but the only way to get things to work was by using the patched sources and keeping report under 16 bytes. No idea as of now about what I could change in the device descriptor. So if I ...
by CRP
Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:13 pm

But if you send stacked packets to the ps3, are you also able to use ps home button and analog buttons?
In my experience this does not work and the controller is recognized as a generic joypad by the console.
by CRP
Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:46 pm

In the meantime I have looked a bit at the work done by Mephisto & co (Project Dualstrike). Basically with the patch that they have applied to the usb driver (what this patch actually does is beyond me), they apparently are able to send a 16 byte long hid descriptor in one go. I have tried takin...
by CRP
Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:33 pm

Toodles' source is apparently not available, since the site hosting it is down. I found another guy who was able to solve the problem (he used a Teensy board as interface), and the brief source code about the magic bytes that I posted above is from him. Being new at both USB and V-USB, though, my qu...
by CRP
Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:37 am

Thanks, I got that part working. Unfortunately the whole hid descriptor for the PS3 is much longer than the 31 bytes that according to Christian can be handled by v-usb. Or do you think that by using your patch to send more than 8 bytes per interrupt I can send more than a total of 31 bytes to the P...