Search found 4 matches

by fish47
Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:26 am
Forum: V-USB
Topic: Is it possible to do extra comm with usb-hid keyboard?
Replies: 8
Views: 10199

Re: Is it possible to do extra comm with usb-hid keyboard?

That means you must install libusb drivers on the target. If you're going to do that, there is no need for a composite device descriptor, libusb can access mice and keyboards without any tricks. The method I described doesn't require any drivers or libusb to be installed. However, using libusb mean...
by fish47
Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:59 am

I have found a better solution. In short, the way to achieve my goal is to decalre two devices in hid descriptor: one for keyboard/mouse, one for a hid-data device. LibUsb can claim the device(s) even so. It works fine under Linux or Windows platform. If you want more detail, the website below is wo...
by fish47
Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:51 am

xiangrui wrote:For Windows, it is unlikely. The system will claim full control of the USB HID keyboard. For Linux, I am not sure, but probably you can do it.

-Xiangrui

Thanks for your tips.
by fish47
Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:45 am

Is it possible to do extra comm with usb-hid keyboard?

Hello everyone, rencently I got a interesting idea --- making a customizable keyboard, but I came accross some problems I can't figure out. I hope you can help me. Thanks a lot. As the similar projects which have been done, making a usb-hid keyboard is not a difficult task. I want to customize the k...