Search found 6 matches

by Tim_BandTech.Com
Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:25 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: switch on leds from windows pc with attiny45
Replies: 2
Views: 2956

Re: switch on leds from windows pc with attiny45

The catch is to understand USB. I have begun to understand USB, but I have not finished yet. There are likely many device classes which you could get this going under, but the one you choose should probably be one that you will use for future projects. Then you will move more cleanly. 'Cleanly' here...
by Tim_BandTech.Com
Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:55 pm
Topic: Getting SPI going with v-usb on the tiny85
Replies: 3
Views: 4399

Re: Getting SPI going with v-usb on the tiny85

As I go along researching and learning about usb, I see that the logger with its HID keyboard interface is pretty limited. Still, the behavior could be very practical in terms of debugging an end-user product, whereby system tracing via debug statements could remain in code for some pilot projects, ...
by Tim_BandTech.Com
Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:51 am

Re: Getting SPI going with v-usb on the tiny85

Thanks very much Volker. I did use your usbconfig.h lines verbatim and it worked on my first try. The trick was getting some sense out of the HID keyboard code. Now that I understand it I see it is fairly simple. I'm printing one character per second now, which in itself has debug possibilities. I s...
by Tim_BandTech.Com
Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:28 pm

Getting SPI going with v-usb on the tiny85

This is an extension of the poorly titled thread http://forums.obdev.at/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5724#p19549 Volker writes: Pls. note that Pin B2 is also the Int0 input pin. V-USB seems to use this interrupt. So if you connect the USB D+ data line to another pin, you have to figure out which interrup...
by Tim_BandTech.Com
Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:58 pm
Topic: using different pins
Views: 3275

Getting SPI going with v-usb on the tiny85

I'm interested in doing this too, but I haven't tried it yet. I've only just gotten the EasyLogger going. I'm not sure that there will be room in the timing to run the SPI port while performing the USB functionality. Still, maybe with some error correcting software it is possible. To me, this could ...
by Tim_BandTech.Com
Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:30 pm
Topic: USB communication problems with ATmega8 (4nes4snes-adapter)
Replies: 11
Views: 8973

Re: USB communication problems with ATmega8 (4nes4snes-adapter)

When you say that your crystal is 12 MHz on the dot, this may be true as it is written on the face of the crystal, but the capacitors that must be ganged to the crystal are specified by the manufacturer to reach that frequency on the dot, and even then true on the dot requires calibration of those c...