Search found 22 matches

by gert
Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:21 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: Problems building bootloadHID
Replies: 14
Views: 17056

Christian As I wrote above the device is being detected under WinXP. It shows up in the hardware settings as "HIDBoot", and I have no reason to think that there is anything wrong with it. It's just the bootloaderHID.exe that casts the error message above, and doesn't do anything useful, If...
by gert
Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:25 am

Great, thanks! This time "make" works, and the bootloader almost works as smoothly as one could wish: In bootloader mode the device is detected under linux (kernel 2.6.22, udev) and WinXP/SP2, both with the included and the self compiled binary. Test under Linux: I made a new bootloadHID b...
by gert
Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:11 pm

Christian,

thanks a lot. I'm looking forward to the next release!

Cheers
Gert
by gert
Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:05 pm
Topic: Avr programmer recommendations
Replies: 2
Views: 4443

Max Yesterday I got started with AVR programming with a GALEP III programmer, Though it's about 7 years old, the manufacturer still provides component data and driver updates. I can recommend the follow-up model GALEP IV. However, it it took me quite some time to figure out that the oscillator optio...
by gert
Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:58 pm

I switched back to avr-gcc 4.2.1 from the ubuntu 7.10 packages and tried Thomas Fischl's avrusboot instead - no problem this time! I tested it with Ronald Schaten's USB-LED-FADER which worked fine, too. I'm good now, but I'd still appreciate if someone could look into the bootloadHID build problem. /G
by gert
Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:10 pm

Hello again In the meantime I read that avr-gcc 4.x.x is not recommended, and I tried to get a source for version 3.x.x. I converted and installed the packages from here , and that's what I get when I try to build PowerSwitch (which worked fine with avr-gcc 4.2.1): make avr-gcc -Wall -Os -Iusbdrv -I...
by gert
Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:32 pm

Problems building bootloadHID

Hallo I'm having problems building bootloadHID.2007-06-25 The avr tools are from the Ubuntu 7.10 (gutsy gibbon) repository. root@mbili:/home/uuser/avr_proj/bootload/firmware# make avr-gcc -Wall -Os -Iusbdrv -I. -mmcu=atmega8 -c usbdrv/usbdrv.c -o usbdrv/usbdrv.o avr-gcc -Wall -Os -Iusbdrv -I. -mmcu=...