Search found 10 matches

by Lostchemist
Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:13 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: Difficulties Replicating C64 USB
Replies: 15
Views: 17670

Re: Difficulties Replicating C64 USB

It has been a while, but I have finally found a few spare moments to take a look at my C64 keyboard circuit. I decided to plug in the oscilloscope to see if there were signal problems on the D+ line. http://i.imgur.com/qH8M0qI.png The scope was told to read the first few hundred microseconds of data...
by Lostchemist
Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:07 am

Another interesting observation. When the board is powered through the tinyusb programmer, the C64LED is always on. When the board is powered through the USB connector, C64LED stays lit for 1.52 s (average of three tests with a stopwatch), then turns off until re-plugged. The LED is powered by the U...
by Lostchemist
Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:57 am

My computers now acknowledge that the device exists, at least in part. The keyboard is not usable though. Plugging into Windows results is two possible outcomes. If the keyboard is attached to the circuit when plugged in, the device sometimes gives error 43. If the keyboard is not attached to the su...
by Lostchemist
Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:54 am

Success. The computer is now recognizing that it is, in fact, a device. This occurred through a series of steps. 1. Tried to blink. Failed. No response. 2. PI suggested that the diodes were pretty much pointless for a device with such low power. I should remove the diodes. 3. Tried to blink. Partial...
by Lostchemist
Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:05 pm

So far today, I reverted the bits for the USB pins. Is your programmer going directly through the USB? I don't quite understand your setup if you changed those. I also did some work with the diodes. The voltage drop across D+ was 2.134V, across D- was 0V (resistor troubles). I fixed the resistor and...
by Lostchemist
Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:55 am

Oh, you weren't unpleasant. I'm only giving up for the evening. I just had other projects that needed attention, and all of my stuff is in my lab on campus. I am using this project as a learning experience for a set of chemical sensing devices I'm designing. I can take pictures of the boards I made ...
by Lostchemist
Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:27 am

Alright. I gave up for the day, moved on to different projects. Clearly I'm new at this, I apologize if I keep missing the obvious.

I find it odd though that if I changed the usb pins, the usbtiny still reported that the upload was accurate.
by Lostchemist
Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:45 pm

I manually patched your diff, but still nothing, same responses on all tested OS's. My code is as follows. Makefile ##################################################################### # Makefile - Build-file for the GNU Make utility # # $Id: $ # Version 1.98ß # ####################################...
by Lostchemist
Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:20 pm

Blargg, I implemented your changes. The V-USB update was something I should have thought of earlier. The extra F_CPU definition is probably required because the clock speed entry in the makefile omits the UL. I also had to tell the code that char usbHidReportDescriptor[USB_CFG_HID_REPORT_DESCRIPTOR_...
by Lostchemist
Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:19 am

Difficulties Replicating C64 USB

I am attempting to replicate Spaceman Spiff's Commodore Keyboard to USB hack found here: http://symlink.dk/projects/c64key/ . I have assembled a copy of the circuit he provides for the ATmega8-16PU http://symlink.dk/projects/c64key/mega8.png with minor changes (like changing the LED resistor value a...