Search found 4 matches

by AntonG
Wed May 12, 2010 3:13 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: Operation without an USB master - driver hangs
Replies: 0
Views: 4224

Operation without an USB master - driver hangs

Dear V-USB team and developers, I have a problem here I cannot find any solution for. I have searched the forum as well as documentation but haven't found a solution. The problem is as follows: if my device is connected via USB to the disconnected from mains PC, it hangs. With USB disconnected, or p...
by AntonG
Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:47 am
Topic: Lost connection with PC: any way to restore?
Replies: 14
Views: 9814

Re: Lost connection with PC: any way to restore?

I don't know how clean is this workaround, but at least it works for me. I just run this every 10s: USB_INTR_ENABLE &= ~(1 << USB_INTR_ENABLE_BIT); usbDeviceDisconnect(); _delay_ms(500); // or some other sort of delay usbDeviceConnect(); USB_INTR_ENABLE |= (1 << USB_INTR_ENABLE_BIT);
by AntonG
Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:55 pm

Re: Lost connection with PC: any way to restore?

You can reconnect automatically if you connect the D- pull up resistor to an I/O pin instead of Vcc. Do we really need extra IO pin to enforce re-enumeration like we do it just after usb initialization? Like this: usbDeviceDisconnect(); _delay_ms(500); usbDeviceConnect(); Unfortunately I have no sp...
by AntonG
Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:02 pm

Lost connection with PC: any way to restore?

Hello! If after some event PC loses USB-connection with device (with v-usb driver, of course) while physically it is still there, the connection can only be restored by either resetting the device or by unplugging it and then connecting to PC again. Somewhat similar problem is described in this thre...