Search found 162 matches

by Grendel
Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:22 am
Forum: V-USB
Topic: nanoseconds
Replies: 12
Views: 8937

Re: nanoseconds

Doesn't look like you could do it w/o extra hardware to split the clock & data signal But then, it's late and I could easily miss something.. If it's not a random signal (ie. it's there on a fast period or you can trigger for it), another possibility would be to synchronize to the USB and receiv...
by Grendel
Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:54 am
Topic: Still "Template"?
Replies: 5
Views: 4325

Re: Still "Template"?

AFAIK Windows does that only for HID devices it takes control of (keyboards, mice & game controllers), vendor class devices are unaffected by that. Reading the name via libusb should always work since it bypasses most of the windows baggage. Reading the name via the HID api should work too, the ...
by Grendel
Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:44 am

Any chance you could "miss"-use the SPI interface for reading those bits ?
by Grendel
Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:35 am
Topic: Still "Template"?
Views: 4325

Re: Still "Template"?

Yea, Windows will read the name only once -- the first time it sees a new device. It then stores it in the registry and will use that name afterwards. To fix it: While the device is connected, go to the device manager --> Human Interface Devices. Find the HID-Compliant game controller entry (check t...
by Grendel
Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:31 pm

Here is what I want to do . Data will be coming across PB5 as a vary fast rate. I need to grab the current condition ( hi/low) and store it in a var for later use all with in a few nops. Later ( after the asm )I need to use that var. avr-libc gives you native C access to all the registers, I don't ...
by Grendel
Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:50 am

horo wrote:You will have overhead from calling the function too [..]

Nope, it's an inline macro.
by Grendel
Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:23 am
Topic: AVRStudio MFC Application Error
Views: 5817

Re: AVRStudio MFC Application Error

Running out of ideas.

Do you have the boards USB connected when you try it ? (shouldn't really affect anything, the mkII is a vendor class device but who knows..)

I'm running my setup under XP SP3, and .net 3.5, everything patched to the brim (also have Visual Studio 2005 installed).
by Grendel
Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:57 pm
Topic: AVRStudio MFC Application Error
Views: 5817

Re: AVRStudio MFC Application Error

Running latest AVRS/AVRGCC/mkII under XP Pro x86 w/o any problems. Have you installed AVRS and AVRGCC to default directories ? If not, try that. Do your project names and/or project path names contain unusual characters ? (like #, $, % etc.) ? If so, try rebuilding it w/o them. Do you have any speci...
by Grendel
Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:41 pm

ulao wrote:So with C I could then write _delay_us( 0.25 ) and this should give my 250 ns?

Yes, but keep the resolution (1/f) in mind. I would use the three nop's tho since results in exactly 250ns.
by Grendel
Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:05 am

One clock period at 12MHz is 83.33ns (1/f). Instruction timings can be found here. avr-libc comes w/ a macro for small delays -- void _delay_us( double __us ), ustil/delay.h
by Grendel
Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:49 am
Topic: output for HID joystick
Replies: 4
Views: 4128

Re: output for HID joystick

Well, I think that's sort of what I ment -- Windows will read a devices name and store it in the registry the first time it sees it on a specific port. If you plug another device in that has a different name but the same device ID Windows will not read the device name again, after reading the IDs it...
by Grendel
Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:18 pm
Topic: output for HID joystick
Replies: 4
Views: 4128

Re: output for HID joystick

Different devices should not only have different device names but also different device IDs.
by Grendel
Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:13 am
Topic: changing usb name?
Replies: 2
Views: 2942

Re: changing usb name?

I do exactly that in the 3DP-Vert project -- the USB port gets activated after a joystick was found and identified. The device name is set accordingly. Basically you do it like this: 1. in usbconfig.h change USB_CFG_DESCR_PROPS_STRING_PRODUCT to USB_PROP_IS_DYNAMIC 2. create your own string descript...
by Grendel
Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:26 pm
Topic: How to implement two interface (composite device)?
Replies: 10
Views: 8877

Re: How to implement two interface (composite device)?

[..] but I did not understand why and when the host sends a SET_IDLE request? why does it apply for keyboard and not for mouse? The Set/Get idle requests are general HID class specific requests but not mandatory. Ie. you can chose not to implement them. The general idea of idle is to cut down the U...
by Grendel
Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:51 am
Topic: How to implement two interface (composite device)?
Replies: 10
Views: 8877

Re: How to implement two interface (composite device)?

The idle rate is fairly well documented in HID 1.11, chap. 7.2.4. In general your device should only send a report if values change (eg. key pressed or released) or if idle_rate * 4ms elapsed (ie. resend last report. Applies only if idle_rate is not infiniy.) Sending a report resets the idle timer. ...