Search found 122 matches

by maxi
Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:05 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: How to use driver, please help
Replies: 6
Views: 6274

Re: How to use driver, please help

No, usbdrv.c is the source for the firmware driver. I am assuming you must have programmed your AVR with the pre-compiled .hex or you would know this. You can still download the MS DDK however I do not think it is needed here. For a custom class device you should only need libusb-win32. Like I said ...
by maxi
Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:49 pm
Topic: How to use driver, please help
Replies: 6
Views: 6274

Re: How to use driver, please help

I have not built this project myself but it sounds like what you are missing is libusb-win32. Download and install that, then in the /bin folder you will find inf-wizard.exe, ths will create the neccessary driver files for you.

Hope it helps.
by maxi
Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:54 pm
Topic: Knowing when a transfer is complete.
Replies: 5
Views: 4427

Re: Knowing when a transfer is complete.

Ok, from what I can make of the driver source what I actually need here is usbMsgLen, unfortunately this has been declared static in usbdrv.c. By changing this to volatile I am able to include it externally but am not sure of the full implications of so doing. The last thing I wanted to do was hack ...
by maxi
Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:27 am
Topic: avr309 help
Replies: 4
Views: 3694

Re: avr309 help

Have you tried: http://vusb.wikidot.com ?
by maxi
Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:58 pm

hmm, I think I may have marked this as solved prematurely Something tells me this is not telling me that the tx has fully completed, only that the transmit system is idle. From usbPoll() if(usbTxLen & 0x10){ /* transmit system idle */ if(usbMsgLen != USB_NO_MSG){ /* transmit data pending? */ usb...
by maxi
Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:28 pm
Topic: Lost connection with PC: any way to restore?
Replies: 14
Views: 9835

Re: Lost connection with PC: any way to restore?

Sorry I cannot answer your question but I can confirm that this problem exists. My project is currently still on proto-board, one half of the board has my avr powered by usb, on the other side I have a simple oscillator powered by a stabalised 5v supply pulled from an old printer. Even when there is...
by maxi
Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:54 am

That is exactly what I was looking for

Thank you very much!
by maxi
Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:51 pm

Knowing when a transfer is complete.

Simple question really, is there anyway of knowing (device-side) when an endpoint0 transfer to the host has completed? I would prefer to not use usbFunctionRead as my data is contained in a static RAM buffer that could be easily read by usbFunctionSetup alone. I currently have something like this bu...
by maxi
Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:02 am
Topic: [SOLVED]usbFunctionSetup to read/write memory
Replies: 3
Views: 3519

Re: usbFunctionSetup to read memory location

Problem solved! once again just a silly oversight on my part. I have been using the IO addresses from the data sheet not realising that in memory they are offset by 0x20 because of the reigsters. The following code works if anyone is interested. usbMsgLen_t usbFunctionSetup(uchar data[8]) { usbReque...
by maxi
Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:49 pm

Re: usbFunctionSetup to read memory location

Basically what I am trying to implement is a means of reading/altering the contents of certain registers; timers, pre-scalers, adc status etc. I realise that I could simply set up a switch case with a whole bunch of different request id's, however my idea was, if I could read/write the contents of a...
by maxi
Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:17 am

[SOLVED]usbFunctionSetup to read/write memory

I have been trying to read the contents of a specific memory location on an active device using only usbFunctionSetup. The address is specified by wIndex in usb_control_msg on a simple endpoint 0 in request (based on custom-class example). All I want is a single uchar value returned in the buffer. u...
by maxi
Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:46 pm
Topic: V-USB speed
Replies: 16
Views: 25706

Re: V-USB speed

Thanks for the info, I have been able to make some progress by improving my device-side code. Since I added a circular buffer I am now able to monitor a ~1Khz sine-wave consisting of approximatley 20 vectors per full wave. Now by my math that means I must be getting in the region 20ks/s or 20KB/s si...
by maxi
Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:03 am
Topic: hid-data on tiny45
Replies: 7
Views: 6309

Re: hid-data on tiny45

Just to confirm I have successfully had both of those examples running on my ATtiny45 so it certainly can be done. I have no idea what could be causing your particular problem but i'd guess that its something minor that you have simply overlooked. Perhaps when you post your sources someone will spot...
by maxi
Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:26 pm
Topic: V-USB speed
Replies: 16
Views: 25706

Re: V-USB speed

That is very impressive indeed! I too am working on a simple oscilloscope project, however I am not getting anything like that kind of through-put. I took the hid-data example as the starting point for my design and currently getting 5-7kbs at best. Pretty much inline with what others are reporting....
by maxi
Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:44 pm
Topic: [SOLVED] EasyLogger
Replies: 2
Views: 2776

Re: EasyLogger

Got it! Closer inspection of the makefile revealed some compiler options I was missing. I added -DF_CPU=165000UL to AVRstudio's configuration settings and all is now well :D

I will mark this now as solved, maybe someone else will find it useful.