Search found 4 matches

by opcode
Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:18 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: Can't find device in windows, please help
Replies: 22
Views: 13947

Re: Can't find device in windows, please help

But that's what started the discussion, I can't talk to an HID device with libusb because windows locks it. Is there a way to unlock it? There are 2 ways to communicate with locked device in Windows that I know of. 1 : Native win calls using the DDK -> Send / Receive feature reports. 2 : Install li...
by opcode
Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:02 am
Topic: Can't find device in windows, please help
Replies: 22
Views: 13947

Re: Can't find device in windows, please help

How can it be opened? I'm registering it as an HID Keyboard, could windows be locking the device? Thanks for your help! Windows locks all HID devices that are mice or keyboards, no matter how many there are. If your using the windows DDK (native calls) to try to communicate with a locked device, th...
by opcode
Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:14 pm
Topic: Dynamic Serial Number at runtime
Replies: 2
Views: 3512

Thanks Grendel That was enough additional info to get it working in usbconfig.h #define USB_CFG_DESCR_PROPS_STRING_SERIAL_NUMBER (USB_PROP_IS_DYNAMIC | USB_PROP_IS_RAM) in main.c #define SERIAL_NUMBER_LENGTH 6 // the number of characters required for your serial number static int serialNumbe...
by opcode
Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:19 pm
Topic: Dynamic Serial Number at runtime
Replies: 2
Views: 3512

Dynamic Serial Number at runtime

I have spent quite some time trying to implement a dynamic serial number or device id or any other method of being able to select any one of several identical usb devices without success The Idea is to have several identical devices eg powerswitches, running identical firmware but be individually ad...