Search found 7 matches

by maciek_urbanski
Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:55 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: usb polling disrupted by UART interrupts
Replies: 10
Views: 7145

Re: usb polling disrupted by UART interrupts

I'm trying to understand your code christian , so bear with me. IT = I Think. #define REG_UARTFLAGS_B GPIOR1 register uchar uartScratch asm("r2"); IT: Here you use a GPIOR1 port as a storage for pre-defined flags and define register uartScratch that will always get mapped to R2 by compiler...
by maciek_urbanski
Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:49 pm
Topic: AVR-USB on an STK500?
Replies: 4
Views: 3392

Re: AVR-USB on an STK500?

I had similar situation with STK600 (I'm not sure if it can be applied to STK500, so feel free to disregard my noobish ramblings). I've used clock generator from STK600, but sadly it's too imprecise for V-USB to work. But when I used 16.5MHz mode in which V-USB has fairly large clock tolerance - it ...
by maciek_urbanski
Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:41 pm

Re: usb polling disrupted by UART interrupts

Good news! ...and then some more good news! First and foremost I've managed to get my STK600 repaired (with a help of friend). One of DC-DC buck converters (TPS62040DRC) got toasted, and since it's in SON-10 package (3.15mm*3.15mm, lead-less) replacing it was quite a challenge... But it works now. T...
by maciek_urbanski
Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:42 am

Thanks, but I'll have forced break in my development. I've connected JTAG debugger to a bad pin of my dev. board and I've toasted it. It's a rather uncommon board (Atmel STK600), so repairs will take a while... And there's a chance I will have to buy new one (if one of MCUs on it got toasted). Sorry...
by maciek_urbanski
Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:34 pm

Device I'm using is ATmega88. It has UART pins on D port (0,1). In my current setup USB driver uses port D, pins 2,4. I'm using 16.5MHz config, so after looking into "usbdrvasm165.inc" it seems that code reads/writes entire D port (for example via "in x1, USBIN" and "out USB...
by maciek_urbanski
Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:41 pm

Hmm - that made a mess. Result of adding ISR_NOBLOCK to UART RXC and UDRE vectors was a constant repetition of disconnections and re-connections of USB (and no transmission on UART either). I'm a newbie in this so excuse me if I'm deep in the mist here but Atmel docs say that lower-address IRQs have...
by maciek_urbanski
Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:24 pm

usb polling disrupted by UART interrupts

Hi folks. I'm trying to do USB<->1wire converter. 1-wire part uses UART on ATmega88. Both parts (USB and 1wire) work OK by themselves, but when used together (1wire state machine interleaved with USB pooling) - USB errors occur. When I replace UART IRQ handlers with empty returns - everything works ...