Search found 17 matches

by Bob
Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:44 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: HID keyboard with backchannel
Replies: 10
Views: 12548

Re: HID keyboard with backchannel

Yes, Single device, for example a keyboard. To access a locked windows device (mouse or keyboard are always locked), you must access it with the appropriate flags of ACCESS_TYPE_NONE when using the CreateFile method using Windows Driver API calls. This tricks the driver into giving you access. handl...
by Bob
Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:49 pm

I believe, although I haven't tried, it is okay to use a single device for Linux. But for Windows, it is likely the second non-keyboard device is the easy way to go.

Works perfectly well in Windows.
by Bob
Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:39 pm

Feature reports are beautiful, I use them a lot myself as you can send/receive data and the device is HID compatible (doesn't require a driver). Here's a code snippet. Use the simplehidwrite tool from here http://janaxelson.com/files/SimpleHIDWrite3.zip to eperiment with until you build your own app...
by Bob
Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:08 am
Topic: ATMEGA32 minimum system board MCU AVR Development Board core
Replies: 17
Views: 20409

Re: ATMEGA32 minimum system board MCU AVR Development Board

It's interesting that USBaspLoader works at 16Mhz on this chip, perhaps Atmega32L is specified for low power up to 8Mhz but will still work fine at 16Mhz with higher current draw. Perhaps the loader is not writing the flash correctly, are you able to check this? What compiler are you using? (I have ...
by Bob
Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:11 am
Topic: ATMEGA32 minimum system board MCU AVR Development Board core
Replies: 17
Views: 20409

Re: ATMEGA32 minimum system board MCU AVR Development Board

Well your first problem is that it's using an ATMEGA32L which is only rated for 8Mhz, but I note that the crystal is 16MHz...I'm surprised this board will do anything at all.
by Bob
Wed May 08, 2013 6:13 pm
Topic: VUSB @ 11.0592 MHz
Replies: 1
Views: 3597

Re: VUSB @ 11.0592 MHz

I don't think it will be possible to do the bit stuffing properly using 11.0592MHz as 12MHz is the magic number when it comes to USB but don't let me stop you from trying. Using 12Mhz, there are lots of spare cpu cycles to do other tasks so if you did get 11.0592MHz working then you should still hav...
by Bob
Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:50 pm
Topic: Is it possible to do extra comm with usb-hid keyboard?
Replies: 8
Views: 10192

Re: Is it possible to do extra comm with usb-hid keyboard?

I haven't tried libusbx but can assure you that the older libusb works fine with keyboards and mice when doing control transfers.
by Bob
Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:31 pm

That means you must install libusb drivers on the target. If you're going to do that, there is no need for a composite device descriptor, libusb can access mice and keyboards without any tricks. The method I described doesn't require any drivers or libusb to be installed. However, using libusb means...
by Bob
Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:13 pm
Topic: Dealing with EHCI-only host
Replies: 1
Views: 3035

Re: Dealing with EHCI-only host

No low speed support, are you sure?
If not then V-USB will not work.
by Bob
Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:08 pm
Topic: BootloadHid with atmega8 @12.8Mhz
Replies: 2
Views: 4904

Re: BootloadHid with atmega8 @12.8Mhz

You can't just recompile BootloadHid firmware for 12.8MHz, it will not work. You must also make sure that D- and INT0 are the same pin or connnect D- to int0 so that the internal oscillator will self calibrate using the host's USB 1ms frame on the D- signal. See bootloaderconfig.h Try this: #define ...
by Bob
Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:07 pm

In Windows, it's possible to send and receive data to a keyboard or mouse using feature reports. The trick is to open the device as ACCESS_TYPE_NONE otherwise it will fail as it's locked and owned by windows. handle = CreateFile(deviceDetails->DevicePath, ACCESS_TYPE_NONE, FILE_SHARE_READ | FILE_SHA...
by Bob
Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:31 pm
Topic: Isolation?
Replies: 14
Views: 9359

Re: Isolation?

What about not isolating AVR and instead isolate the inputs to your logger / oscilloscope etc ?
by Bob
Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:08 am
Topic: USB HID emulator
Views: 7153

Re: Streaming data to an xbox

You can not connect an Xbox to a PC via a USB cable as they are both hosts, you need a bridge interface circuit in between them.
by Bob
Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:03 pm
Topic: newbie: how to send data to PC without polling
Replies: 4
Views: 4120

Re: newbie: how to send data to PC without polling

Yes I have done this before with a bar code reader I was playing with, once the bar code was decoded, I simulated a key press then the PC side software would gather feature reports from the AVR. To catch the key on the PC side software depends on what programming language and OS you are using. In wi...
by Bob
Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:52 pm
Topic: Libusb or not?
Replies: 9
Views: 7714

Re: Libusb or not?

Just use different feature number for your different lengths and check the feature number in usbFunctionSetup if (rq->bRequest == USBRQ_HID_SET_REPORT) //(0x09) { if (rq->wValue.bytes[0] == 2) { DataRemaining = DATA_FTSIZE; return USB_NO_MSG; } else if (rq->wValue.bytes[0] == 1) // only if the repor...