by IvIePhisto
Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:08 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: Packet Size > 8 bytes on Interrupt In Endpoint
Replies: 8
Views: 9637

Re: Packet Size > 8 bytes on Interrupt In Endpoint

Sorry to answer so late, too much to do :(
ulao wrote:Is there any way to zip up the usbdrv folder?
You could have checked out the SVN repository, but I made a package of the customized V-USB for you. I recommend diff to see the changes to your files ;)
by IvIePhisto
Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:42 pm

I got it to work on XBox

OK, I got it and it works on XBox1. I modified interrupt in endpoint 3 (acting as endpoint 2) to send up to 27 bytes, with 4 bytes CRC and sync that makes 31 bytes transferred. Now I'm using bit 6 for ready signalization on usbTxLen3, before 4 was used. As USBPID_NAK is used for this purposes which ...
by IvIePhisto
Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:24 pm

Re: Packet Size > 8 bytes on Interrupt In Endpoint

And, as you have noticed, we encode other info in the length. So the maximum is probably 31 bytes unless you introduce bigger changes. This is hard thing, to find all instructions that use the length bits. In regards to "Did you investigate whether any host side driver accepts bigger packets? ...
by IvIePhisto
Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:28 am
Topic: usb hid report descriptor
Replies: 1
Views: 2447

Re: usb hid report descriptor

Because it is 22 bytes long...
by IvIePhisto
Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:46 am

Packet Size > 8 bytes on Interrupt In Endpoint

Hi! I want to modify the V-USB code to allow my device to send more than 8 bytes in one packet. I know it contradicts the standard for low-speed USB devices but other things also work which shouldn't. I know that the buffers are to small, but that's changeable. It's also perfectly possible to supply...
by IvIePhisto
Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:25 am
Topic: Help me understand few things please
Views: 2146

Re: Help me understand few things please

First, why is there the whole concept of endpoints? Let me explain, I believe endopoints are there to differentiate between different transfer types and in-out transmitions. But is this so? Or is there any deeper enpoint meaning I am missing? Becouse, for example, Control endpoint0 is In-Out, so wh...
by IvIePhisto
Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:03 pm
Topic: usbSetInterrupt3, does it work?
Replies: 10
Views: 8154

Re: usbSetInterrupt3, does it work?

Got all analogs on the xbox in windows, but not XBOX its self. Not sure what to try next I was hoping this would do it. As I wrote in the other thread I got this some time ago. This is working if the max packet sizes conforms to the standard by being 8 and the report is splitted into packets of 8 a...
by IvIePhisto
Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:08 pm

This is my configuration descriptor: I see you have a default, 1 end in and 1 end out. Maybe I'm counting this wrong. So you have: 0 - default 1 - in end 2 - out end and you set your USB_CFG_EP3_NUMBER to 2 which means 1 if you count from 0. No, in my XBox configuration descriptor I have the defaul...
by IvIePhisto
Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:34 pm

18 + 7 * USB_CFG_HAVE_INTRIN_ENDPOINT + 7 * USB_CFG_HAVE_INTRIN_ENDPOINT3 + 9, 0, /* total length of data returned (including inlined descriptors) */ I think this is wrong, as you got an additional output endpoint, so you got to add 7. I also tried using sendDataUSB3 on the PC with maximum packet s...
by IvIePhisto
Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:31 pm

I hope you get it working with this information. I know the UPCB and got the XBox vendor request from there, but the XBox won't accept the setup I described :( Looking forward to your answer in the other thread ;)
by IvIePhisto
Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:51 am

I got it working for the XBox mode of the Dual Strike project. See these files: ⋅  usbconfig.h ⋅  descriptors.c , see the XBox part. ⋅  xbox.c , the data is sent at the bottom with "sendDataUSB3()". ⋅  usb_controller.c , here "sendDataUSB3()&quo...
by IvIePhisto
Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:40 pm
Topic: need help to compile commandline application on windows
Replies: 3
Views: 6667

Re: need help to compile commandline application on windows

Sorry, I don't have the time to give you a step by step explanation, but I got it working on Windows with Cygwin (gcc and libusb required) and the compiler flag "-mno-cygwin", see the Dual Strike bootloader's Makefile.windows. Hope that helps :wink:
by IvIePhisto
Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:19 pm
Topic: HID: multiple report id's vs. one report > 8 bytes
Views: 2287

Re: HID: multiple report id's vs. one report > 8 bytes

I suppose it should make a bit of a difference, as there would be only 4 USB interrupt requests (3x8 bytes and 1x6 bytes) plus it saves time and space on the MCU. And the parsing on the host side is a bit easier, but this should make no real difference.
by IvIePhisto
Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:26 pm
Topic: Mega32 as Xb*X gamepad
Replies: 23
Views: 19614

Re: Mega32 as Xb*X gamepad

Hi and thanks for discussing this matter, your conversation was of some help to me I'm trying to create a XBox controller on an ATmega168 using V-USB and got to the point where the XBox is getting input, but not all of it. I'm sending the 20bytes of the report through the interrupt in endpoint (eith...