Search found 39 matches

by mojo
Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:24 am
Forum: V-USB
Topic: Weird keyboard issues
Replies: 1
Views: 2612

Re: Weird keyboard issues

One more file, usbconfig.h: /* Name: usbconfig.h * Project: AVR USB driver * Author: Christian Starkjohann * Creation Date: 2005-04-01 * Tabsize: 4 * Copyright: (c) 2005 by OBJECTIVE DEVELOPMENT Software GmbH * License: GNU GPL v2 (see License.txt) or proprietary (CommercialLicense.txt) * This Revis...
by mojo
Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:05 am
Topic: Weird keyboard issues
Replies: 1
Views: 2612

Weird keyboard issues

Hi everyone. I am having some weird keyboard problems with VUSB. My project is convert a BBC Micro keyboard to USB, a path well trodden by others who have converted keyboards. For some reason they keyboard only seems to work properly if plugged in after the OS has loaded. If plugged in when the mach...
by mojo
Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:15 pm
Topic: Two HID joysticks from one device
Replies: 21
Views: 19456

Re: Two HID joysticks from one device

Kash, I guess you are referring to the Linux HID driver. I will pass the info on to my Linux guy and report back if it works. Thanks for the hint!
by mojo
Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:32 pm

I did understand what you were getting at and attempted to implement it. I must have done something wrong I suppose. It's not an elegant solution either way and presents further problems for me because my device (Retro Adapter) re-configures itself on the fly by disconnecting, changing the USB confi...
by mojo
Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:40 pm

Well I think the short answer is that Linux users are boned.
by mojo
Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:29 pm

Okay, so just for clarity, using two endpoints works and I should try implementing it? Oh, and I looked on Ralph's site but couldn't see where he did it that way. -- EDIT -- I tried it and could not get it to work. To further complicate things even if it can be made to work then I need to be able to...
by mojo
Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:48 am

I noticed one thing which may be of interest. V-USB reports USB version 0x10, 0x01. Most USB 1.1 devices seem to go with 0x01, 0x01. I will send a test firmware to my Linux tester to see if it makes any difference. Oh, and BTW, Windows gets confused if you switch HID descriptor too much. You can go ...
by mojo
Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:19 pm

Ah, I see what you mean.

I'd just like to point out at this stage that I'm not trying to run V-USB down or anything. It's an amazing bit of kit and seems very robust and reliable in general use. You can't beat being able to use USB on a <€1 microcontroller.
by mojo
Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:06 pm

Well the composite devices I have checked all report back USB version 1.1 so I don't think it is a problem with the protocol as such. It has to be something about the way V-USB works. I'm tempted to get in touch with the Linux USB stack guys and see if we can find a solution. It should be possible t...
by mojo
Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:42 am

Ah, okay, thanks for the clarification. It's interesting that we have both come to the same conclusion.

Still, I would like to know what the problem is. My design is fixed now with an ATmega168 so I can't stop using V-USB.
by mojo
Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:26 pm

I tried to contact Ralf but his email address is bouncing. I can't see anything he does differently in his code anyway. As a test I tried copying his data (HID report, USB descriptors etc.) and it didn't work. Maybe if I find the time I will build his hardware but it doesn't seem worth it at the mom...
by mojo
Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:33 am

No-one?
by mojo
Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:37 pm

Two HID joysticks from one device

I am trying to create a device that appears to the computer as two separate joysticks. I have it working in Windows but not in Linux. Windows can see two separate joysticks in the game controller applet, but Linux only sees one in /dev/input. I know Linux can show two as I have a dual Playstation to...
by mojo
Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:23 pm
Topic: PS3 Controller Firmware
Replies: 4
Views: 9217

Re: PS3 Controller Firmware

I am working on this too. So far no luck. My device is recognised by Windows and seems to be receiving HID reports, but no movement or button presses can be seen. I think part of the problem is the HID descriptor. The one used by the UPCB is not the standard Sixaxis one. I think the best option will...
by mojo
Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:07 am
Topic: HID Composite device with reports bigger than 8 bytes
Replies: 8
Views: 8980

Re: HID Composite device with reports bigger than 8 bytes

Thanks for the reply. I am not the OP, but I have a similar problem. I am getting some strange results. The above code works, sort of. I get 50 bytes returned with the correct data when I use SimpleHIDWrite to check it. For some reason though, the HID gamepad interface just seems to ignore it. I get...