Search found 16 matches

by matrixstorm
Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:27 am
Forum: V-USB
Topic: USBaspLoader condition / BVZ55-C3V6
Replies: 5
Views: 8241

Re: USBaspLoader condition / BVZ55-C3V6

Please take a look at the revised USBaspLoader: m In the current testing-branch: m I included some features for removing the need of a bootloader-condition (i.e. a button or jumper) * CONFIG_HAVE__BOOTLOADER_ALWAYSENTERPROGRAMMODE * CONFIG_BOOTLOADER_LOOPCYCLES_TIMEOUT=16 & CONFIG_HAVE__BOOTLOAD...
by matrixstorm
Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:44 pm
Topic: ATMEGA32 minimum system board MCU AVR Development Board core
Replies: 17
Views: 20408

Re: ATMEGA32 minimum system board MCU AVR Development Board

Hi everybody. I do not know how good google-translate will work. But at least for all Germans speaking people: There is a very rich thread about the ATmega32 Minimum System Board in the German Mikrocontroller forum, see here: m There you also can find working and precompiles example firmwares for th...
by matrixstorm
Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:56 pm
Topic: Introduction for beginners!
Replies: 3
Views: 6270

Re: Introduction for beginners!

Maybe you want also to read m ? In VUSB communication via host often is done by just using the control endpoint - the endpoint also responsible for communication device descriptor and strings (vendor, type, serial ...) to the host. For tinyUSBboard I prepared some VUSB template, some time ago. You c...
by matrixstorm
Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:38 am
Topic: USBaspLoader 18-byte code reduction
Replies: 1
Views: 4294

Re: USBaspLoader 18-byte code reduction

Hi blargg. Perhaps you might want to try the revised USBaspLoader (m) instead. With this USBaspLoader you have many new features (with individual enable/disable switches) and code-optimizaions. There are also many bugs fixed. If you want to try the most recent version of revised USBaspLoader please ...
by matrixstorm
Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:11 pm
Topic: USB bootloaderhid with Atmega128
Replies: 14
Views: 18539

Re: USB bootloaderhid with Atmega128

Hi trkien.

I am glad I could help.

Since you sucessfully tested USBaspLoader with ATmega128-16AU, may I mark ATmega128 as tested (16MHz) in the next commit to github?

Btw.: If you like USBaspLoader, please give it a star on github ;-)

BR matrixstorm
by matrixstorm
Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:50 am

Hi trkien. What is the vlatge you are using the ATmega128 on? Because ATmega128 for 16MHz only runs stable at 4.5 .. 5.5V, the fuses were configured to activate brown out detector. Without brownout detection, the bootloader section may destroy its contents by itself (brownout during write) and the b...
by matrixstorm
Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:44 pm

Hi trkien. First of all, I recompiled your USBaspLoader configuration: m m Within the ZIP there is also a patch-file (against current testing-head), which indicates to you my changes for your configuration. (Please clone a fresh copy before applying patch, since: m) However I do not recommend your f...
by matrixstorm
Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:06 pm

Hi, it's again me:

If you want to try the new, revised USBaspLoader please use the testing-branch (https://github.com/baerwolf/USBaspLoader/tree/testing).

From the previous message motivated I tried to compile and experienced an build-issue for ATmega128.
I fixed the Bug and commited it to testing-branch.

BR matrixstorm
by matrixstorm
Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Hi I used USBaspLoader original with some modifications to suit with my hardware Did you use the revised version of USBaspLoader (m)? Compared to the version from VUSB-Webside this Loader has gone through much improvement and bug-fixing. Also all necessary devicesettings (FUSE, Adresses etc...) are ...
by matrixstorm
Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Perhaps you might want to try USBaspLoader (https://github.com/baerwolf/USBaspLoader) insead of bootloaderhid.

With USBaspLoader you have many more features and you also will be able to access the EEPROM, too.

BR matrixstorm
by matrixstorm
Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:46 pm
Topic: VUSB as a osciloscope = interrupts / sample rate
Views: 5702

Re: VUSB as a osciloscope = interrupts / sample rate

Hi damgad.

There are already lots of V-USB oscilloscopes available.
You also can get one source from me (up to 10kHz) for tinyUSBboard (http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/).
What really is missing is a nice GUI for both: Linux and Windows.

BR matrixstorm
by matrixstorm
Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:48 pm
Topic: transfering more interrupt in data
Views: 6042

Re: transfering more interrupt in data

Hi Madara.

VUSB only implements low-speed USB. In low-speed USB the standard forces:

[...]
The maximum data payload size for low-speed devices is 8 bytes.
[...] (from: http://www.beyondlogic.org/usbnutshell/ ... #Interrupt)

So, you can not implent sth. the standard does not allow.

BR matrixstorm
by matrixstorm
Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:40 pm
Topic: V USB host for mass storage devices
Replies: 5
Views: 9635

Re: V USB host for mass storage devices

Hi. I also thought about using VUSB to implement an USB mass storage device on an AVR. The specific classes are called MSC - and they all utilize bulk-transfer mode. Since VUSB can not provide bulk (only low-speed USB) and alternatively interrupt transfer is not always accepted by USB-hosts it is no...
by matrixstorm
Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:09 am
Topic: BUG? usbFunctionDescriptor() accidentally may address flash
Replies: 0
Views: 6175

BUG? usbFunctionDescriptor() accidentally may address flash

Hi community.

Please look into issue 2 (https://github.com/obdev/v-usb/issues/2).

Am I right or mistaken?

Best regards
by matrixstorm
Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:25 pm
Topic: Multiple/Exchangeable bootloaders
Replies: 0
Views: 4884

Multiple/Exchangeable bootloaders

Hi community. As a demonstration of one of the new features in revised USBaspLoader (m) I added an example for its demonstration board (m). There you can change the default bootloader (USBaspLoader) into a properly patched BootloadHID. (The patch basically ensures you also can switch back to USBaspL...