Search found 122 matches

by maxi
Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:56 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: Android and V-USB
Replies: 7
Views: 10100

Re: Android and V-USB

I really don't think it will ever be possible to use v-usb as usb host. This is the closest thing I have come across to a software usb host implementation. http://instruct1.cit.cornell.edu/courses/ee476/FinalProjects/s2007/blh36_cdl28_dct23/blh36_cdl28_dct23/index.html I wouldn't waste my time on it...
by maxi
Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:29 pm
Topic: USB to SPI with ATMEL16
Replies: 2
Views: 4490

Re: USB to SPI with ATMEL16

Something like this perhaps http://www.recursion.jp/avrcdc/cdc-spi.html?

There is a version for mega8, shouldn't be too difficult to compile for mega16.
by maxi
Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:09 pm
Topic: USB_CFG_DEVICE_NAME - can i change ?
Views: 2998

Re: or another question ;)

Szopler wrote: Can I use another Device Name than "DataStore" for free?

Yes.
szopler wrote:Which parameters can I change without payment?

Any of them, however a unique Vendor ID will cost you around USD $2000.
by maxi
Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:47 pm
Topic: Vendor ID, Product ID
Replies: 3
Views: 9820

Re: Vendor ID, Product ID

Windows automatically identifies my project as USBasp. How to change this? I have to change the PID value? You edit usbconfig.h and then re-compile. #define USB_CFG_DEVICE_ID 0xdc, 0x05 /* = 0x05dc = 1500 */ If i use an identification in my program by vendor and product name to communicate, is the ...
by maxi
Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:02 pm
Topic: PowerSwitch on Tiny2313 - problems
Replies: 6
Views: 5983

Re: PowerSwitch on Tiny2313 - problems

_Petya_ wrote:The only changes to the supplied schematic are the tiny2323 instead of AT90S2313 and the Zener-diode method instead of the 3.5V regulator (LE35CZ)

Are you using a separate power supply or are you powering the device entirely from USB? Maybe drawing too much current?
by maxi
Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:31 pm
Topic: Could not find USB device "LEDControl" (atmega324p)
Replies: 4
Views: 4957

Re: Could not find USB device "LEDControl" (atmega324p)

I see you are using a USBasp programmer, could it be that the VID & PID are the same as LEDcontrol? I know Windows has a problem with this scenario but not too sure about Ubuntu. Try re-booting without the programmer connected and see if that makes a difference.
by maxi
Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:57 am
Topic: usbPoll() in Timer0 interrupt routine.
Views: 4442

Re: usbPoll() in Timer0 interrupt routine.

You should be calling usbPoll() from the main loop. It is a bad idea in any case to call a subroutine from an ISR 6.- Interrupts and Timing - Make sure that you're not using interrupts higher than the interrupt you have set for VUSB. Also make sure you're not disabling interrupts for longer than a f...
by maxi
Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:00 am
Topic: #error "You must define USB_CFG_IOPORTNAME in usbconfig.h.."
Replies: 10
Views: 10814

Re: #error "You must define USB_CFG_IOPORTNAME in usbconfig.h.."

A quick search for the keyword "Studio" would have uncovered this recent thread http://forums.obdev.at/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5290&start=0&hilit=studio where I advised the OP to check out the AVR-CDC project that comes with AVRStudio project files. Maybe you can see where you went...
by maxi
Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:34 pm

With respect, this is a support forum for V-USB, not AVRStudio. It amazes me why so many people insist on using it when they clearly do not know how to set it up properly. The advice I have given would atleast confirm that this is indeed an AVRStudio setup issue and not a problem with V-USB or your ...
by maxi
Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:45 pm

You need to run the makefile from a console (eg MSYS) as the ones provided are not intended for use with AVRStudio. I suggest you forget about AVRStudio for now, start again with a fresh copy of V-USB and follow the instructions in Readme.txt. BUILDING THE FIRMWARE ===================== Change to th...
by maxi
Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:25 am

I commented out the error message in usbdrv.h, which revealed a load of assembler errors: ../usbdrv/usbdrvasm12.inc: Assembler messages: ../usbdrv/usbdrvasm12.inc:57: Error: constant value required Commenting out debug messages is really not a good idea! The assembler *errors* are because, among ot...
by maxi
Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:09 pm
Topic: USB Analog-to-Digital Scope with ATtiny45
Views: 4220

Re: USB Analog-to-Digital Scope with ATtiny45

There is no magic hex file that is going to make your device work on Windows 7. If anything it could be a driver issue, although this should not be the case for HID. You really need to verify that the hardware is functioning as it should before blaming your OS.
by maxi
Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:16 am
Topic: USB Analog-to-Digital Scope with ATtiny45
Views: 4220

Re: USB Analog-to-Digital Scope with ATtiny45

unknow wrote:I allways just got USB device not recognized.

That could well indicate a problem with the hardware. Have you proven that the device does indeed work on any of the other systems?
by maxi
Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:55 pm
Topic: Windows 7 doesn't recognize HID-device
Views: 3823

Re: Windows 7 doesn't recognize HID-device

I guess the first thing you need to do is ascertain whether the problem is with your OS or your hardware. If you are able, try out the device with a different OS. If you get hold of a live linux CD/Flash drive you could view the dmesg output, that may provide you with some more clues.
by maxi
Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:39 pm
Topic: Noob needing compile help
Replies: 7
Views: 7410

Re: Noob needing compile help

You do know that you can simply open MSYS, cd to the firmware directory and type 'make hex'? This is how the projects' makefiles were intended to work. Please note that the first "make hex" copies the driver from the top level into the firmware directory. If you use a different build syste...