Search found 7 matches

by MrOnak
Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:48 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: It is done! USB-HID keyboard/joystick combo device on github
Replies: 0
Views: 41125

It is done! USB-HID keyboard/joystick combo device on github

My keyboard / joystick combo device based on an ATMega328p is finally on github:
https://github.com/MrOnak/avr_usbhid_gamepanel

Thanks to everyone here who helped me iron out the bugs with the HidReportDescriptor!
by MrOnak
Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:06 am
Topic: USB Combodevice (Keyboard & Joystick) - problems with report
Replies: 11
Views: 13662

Re: USB Combodevice (Keyboard & Joystick) - problems with re

Nice you've made progress. I plan on doing a combo device for a keyboard/media keys adapter and this will be useful to refer to. I'll probably have the code and the EAGLE file up on github by this weekend. I'll send you an update if you're interested. delivery of some parts from China will take a w...
by MrOnak
Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Well I know I'm not going to touch that usbSetInterrupt() sequence unless I really really really have to ;)

Thanks for all the support. I'll be back with the results of this build in a few weeks... delivery of some parts from China will take a while.
by MrOnak
Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:25 pm

Hmmm yeah well generally I agree it'll have to be something like that but your counting is off. The last two INPUTs are 4 bits each, so thats one byte overall. My own counting here: 0x05, 0x01, // USAGE_PAGE (Generic Desktop) 0x09, 0x04, // USAGE (Joystick) 0xa1, 0x01, // COLLECTION (Application) //...
by MrOnak
Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:55 pm

Hmmmm.... quick update. I just thought "ok I'll test this one more thing": while (1) { usbPoll(); wdt_reset(); // keep the watchdog happy readKeys(); // keyboard while (!usbInterruptIsReady()){usbPoll();} usbSetInterrupt((void *) &keyboardReport, 8); while (!usbInterruptIsReady()){usbP...
by MrOnak
Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:45 pm

*grrrrrr* I'm starting to loose my mind here. Thanks for your post ulao, but although educational, I still can't figure out what's wrong with my implementation. I've narrowed it down to the joystickReport though.If I omit that, the device registers fine and the keyboard works. keyboard and joystick ...
by MrOnak
Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:53 pm

I will figure this out, and share the whole thing including sources and EAGLE file on github, don't worry . The world does need more custom controllers. Literally the USB reports are the only thing that's missing aside from building the enclosure and mounting pretty buttons so... I'm too stubborn to...