Search found 6 matches

by eclipso_1
Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:20 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: USB MIDI Interface
Replies: 93
Views: 457811

Re: USB MIDI Interface

Bump If you had one of those cheap drum sets from those rock/hero games couldn't you hook up the piezos in the drums to the ADC pins on the AVR? How would you go about this? Do the piezos act as a voltage output like a mic or could you use them as a variable resistor? Sorry for all the questions. Ju...
by eclipso_1
Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:45 am

Hi Hannes, Thanks for the update. That means this project works on all major operating systems! On your other issue... Perhaps there is a conflict with v-usb's interrupt? I do know timing is critical in v-usb. Hi midiman, I'm assuming that you're using Windows (XP?). That is the generic name that wi...
by eclipso_1
Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:56 am

Hannes, If your running at 5 volt you need to use 3.6v zener diodes on the signal lines. Read the docs for the v-usb driver by Christian. He has example circuits. Laters, Dave EDIT: http://vusb.wikidot.com/hardware Solution B works for me at 5v for the higher clock rates. 12Mhz with the voltage drop...
by eclipso_1
Sat May 23, 2009 7:46 am

Hi Martin, This is all just great! Your research on this descriptor and the use of these cheap 8bit avr chips has opened the door for so many homebrew midi devices I can't even describe how grateful that I am for your time. All we need now is confirmation from mac users and this will be a universal ...
by eclipso_1
Thu May 21, 2009 12:05 am

Martin, I tested the 2ms interrupt setting on the same Windows 7 install and it works great. Above you stated that under winxp that polling is 8ms regardless of bInterval. How did you come to that conclusion? Are you probing the usb signal lines with a scope? In the win utility "USB View" ...
by eclipso_1
Fri May 01, 2009 10:15 pm

Hi Martin, I was wondering if there is a reason that only 2 midi events AKA 8 bytes are sent at a time. I don't recall this from the doc midi10.pdf. Is it a limit of usb 1.1 or just the default in the v-usb driver? Couldn't a larger packet also increase speed or at least throughput but not latency? ...