Search found 122 matches

by maxi
Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:22 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: Problem compiling examples with Visual Studio 2008
Replies: 22
Views: 22450

Re: Problem compiling examples with Visual Studio 2008

Kamikater wrote:What driver do I need so the program and the avr can communicate for the custom-class example?

You need to make your own, see this post http://forums.obdev.at/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3140
by maxi
Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:48 pm
Topic: Problem compiling examples with Visual Studio 2008
Replies: 22
Views: 22450

Re: Problem compiling examples with Visual Studio 2008

In file included from opendevice.c:18: opendevice.h:26:77: usb.h: No such file or directory That is the problem. One solution would be to simply copy usb.h from ../libusb-win32/include into ../MinGW/include you will also need to copy libusb.a from ../libusb-win32/lib/gcc into ../MinGW/lib Then in M...
by maxi
Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:43 am
Topic: libusb & 128 bytes data transfer
Replies: 4
Views: 3959

Re: libusb & 128 bytes data transfer

You need to implement function write, see usbconfig.h. There is an example in the documentation wiki http://vusb.wikidot.com/driver-api
For the host-side, example code can also be found in the wiki here http://vusb.wikidot.com/host-software
by maxi
Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:05 pm
Topic: Compiling hidtool in VS2008 (C++)
Replies: 3
Views: 3234

Re: Compiling hidtool in VS2008 (C++)

Well I'm not entirely sure but looking at Jan's page mentioned above, it looks like WDK should also work. That said, if you can get the example to compile with MinGW then you will already have the header files. On my system they are located in C:\MinGW\include\ddk I might also point out that you wil...
by maxi
Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:06 pm
Topic: Compiling hidtool in VS2008 (C++)
Views: 3234

Re: Compiling hidtool in VS2008 (C++)

I did something very similar a while back using the hid-data example and OpenGL to display a simple oscilloscope trace. I compiled it with VC 2005 Express but 2008 should be fine too! There should be no need for libusb-win32 however you will need some elements of the MS DDK. At the time I just downl...
by maxi
Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:05 pm
Topic: [solved]Problem with projects page.
Replies: 1
Views: 2050

Re: Problem with projects page.

Well whatever it was, it seems to be fixed again now :)
by maxi
Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:12 pm
Topic: [solved]Problem with projects page.
Views: 2050

[solved]Problem with projects page.

I have been unable to access the community projects for several days now, page loads ok but no projects listed beyond the main category index. Problem occurs with both IE8 and Firefox 3.5.3. Just thought I should make the admin(s) aware of this.
by maxi
Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:27 am
Topic: SPI and V-USB
Replies: 2
Views: 2770

Re: SPI and V-USB

Hi, I'm pretty new to all this stuff myself but I would suggest that you first get aquainted with your chosen AVR before tackling V-USB. For AVR specific stuff I would recommend posting on the AVRfreaks forum. http://www.avrfreaks.net . Once you get your sensor wotking with SPI (if that's indeed pos...
by maxi
Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:35 pm
Topic: With crstal or without crstal
Replies: 6
Views: 5696

Re: With crstal or without crstal

Actually it seems as if the attiny45 isn't suited for V-USB as it is specified for a maximum frequency of 10Mhz I think you may be reffering to the ATtiny45V. I am running the ATtiny45 @ 16.5Mhz without problems. Form my datasheet: Speed Grade – ATtiny25/45/85V: 0 - 4 MHz @ 1.8 - 5.5V, 0 - 10 MHz @...
by maxi
Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:43 pm
Topic: AVR Studio crash when compiling usbdrv
Views: 2405

Re: AVR Studio crash when compiling usbdrv

You do need to rename usbconfig-prototype.h to usbconfig.h and you will need to include some code of your own, function main() at the very minimum. IIRC the CDC example project came with .aps project files, take a look at that for a good example of how to setup AVR-Studio for V-USB.
by maxi
Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:09 pm
Topic: BootloadHID, atmega88, TWO IO pins.
Views: 3260

Re: BootloadHID, atmega88, TWO IO pins.

Now, I realise that some V-USB projects use the attiny45, only using two IO's for the USB, but they are on the same port. When I checked the usbconfig.h file, it requires the port for the USB connections, the plus and the minus to beon the same port, as well as a connection to INT0. D+/- must be on...
by maxi
Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:18 pm
Topic: ATtiny and HIDkeys
Views: 3774

Re: ATtiny and HIDkeys

To begin with your code is difficult to read all flush to the left like that, I suuggest you edit your post and include 'code tags' eg: [CODE]Code goes here[/CODE] Also you do not say which ATtiny you are using, my first guess might be pin configuration but there is no way of knowing without the par...
by maxi
Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:13 pm
Topic: Problem: Tiny45 USB device not recognized when PC is restart
Views: 2728

Re: Problem: Tiny45 USB device not recognized when PC is restart

My project also uses the tiny45 and is pretty much a hybrid EasyLogger design. I was curious when I read this post so I just tried re-booting with the device still attached. The device did enumerate correctly but rather stangely my notebook took much longer to start-up than usual. (possibly pure coi...
by maxi
Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:56 pm
Topic: V-USB as a Serial Port - Is That OK?
Views: 3459

Re: V-USB as a Serial Port - Is That OK?

I guess it really depends on what you are ultimately trying to do. The reason CDC is not officially recommended is because it does not comply to spec for low speed usb. However in most cases it will work perfectly well, though windows vista & some versions of linux will require some special cons...
by maxi
Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:58 pm
Topic: How to use driver, please help
Replies: 6
Views: 6274

Re: How to use driver, please help

inf-wizard will generate a .inf and a .cat file. libusb0.dll & libusb0.sys can be found in the same folder as inf-wizard use these with your .inf & .cat files. If you want to make an installer then check out driver_installer_template.iss in the libusb examples folder. You will need Inno Setu...