by iphi
Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:14 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: Compiler problem Mega88 vs. 88P
Replies: 2
Views: 3062

Re: Compiler problem Mega88 vs. 88P

Problem solved.
It was an AVRStudio problem which displayed usage of a newer avrgcc version than it used. Uninstalling and reinstalling the toolchain solved the problem.
by iphi
Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:48 pm

Re: Compiler problem Mega88 vs. 88P

I just noticed, that with winavr20080610 it compiles allright.

The problem occurs with the latest winavr release.
???
by iphi
Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:10 am

Compiler problem Mega88 vs. 88P

Hi, I have just downloaded the latest V-USB drivers and built a little example for a Mega88. I compile the example using gcc in AVRStudio4. Everything works fine if I compile for the Atmega88. BUT: If I try to compile the same code for the Atmega88P (Pee!!!) I get a whole bunch of error messages: .....
by iphi
Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:27 am
Topic: PCINT instead of INT0?
Replies: 12
Views: 15032

Re: PCINT instead of INT0?

Hi Christian, thanks for the hint! I think we are getting closer. I did a simple test. I added the lines #ifdef SIG_PIN_CHANGE crash #endif to usbconfig.h and tried to compile. No error messages => SIG_PIN_CHANGE is undefined! Replacing SIG_PIN_CHANGE by SIG_INTERRUPT1 will cause a compiler crash as...
by iphi
Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:34 pm

Hi Christian, I have read the data sheet and written some test code. This is what it takes to enable a PCINT0 on a Mega88: sei(); PCICR=PCICR | (1 << PCIE0); PCMSK0=PCMSK0 | (1 << PCINT0); as compaared to enabling an INT0: sei(); EICRA=EICRA | ((1 << ISC00) | (1 << ISC01)); EIMSK=EIMSK | (1 << INT0)...
by iphi
Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:11 pm

Hi Christian, I have used the flooowing hook to check if the interrupt handler is called: #define USB_RX_USER_HOOK(data, len) PORTC=~PORTC; Is this the correct way to check? I have an LED connected to PORTC. With INT1 I see it toggeling a couple of times when I plug in the device. Using PCINT0 I see...
by iphi
Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:24 pm

Hi Christian, thank you very much for your hint. I could get it working on INT1 instead of INT0 on a Mega88. I am still having trouble using the PCINT0 instead. Here are my settings for PCINT0, which compile fine but refuse to work. Can somebody point me to my error, please? //commented values for I...
by iphi
Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:35 am

Can somebody point me to an example project that uses a different interrupt than INT0, preferably a PCINT, please? I have spent a couple of days but I seem too stupit to change the interrupt from INT0 to INT1 or a PCINT. INT0 works fine, but any other interrupt does not work for me. Currently I am e...
by iphi
Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:56 am
Topic: can V-USB run on XMEGA MCUs
Replies: 1
Views: 2695

can V-USB run on XMEGA MCUs

Does anybody know, if V-USB can run on the new XMEGA MCU family?
Has anybody tried?

Thanks, Tom
by iphi
Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:42 pm
Topic: Question about HID_DATA / multiple feature reports
Views: 2447

Question about HID_DATA / multiple feature reports

Hi,

I have been playing with HID_DATA which works great and I wonder if it is possible to implement more than one feature/ feature report in the AVR device.

If so, how would this look like?

Thanks, Tom
by iphi
Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:37 pm
Topic: How to output data to e.g. HID device
Replies: 19
Views: 16582

Re: How to output data to e.g. HID device

Ok, I finally figured it out to feed HID_DATA from Delphi.
The JvHidController component works great.
If anybody would like the Pascal code, contact me.

Tom
by iphi
Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:55 am
Topic: Linux Host Application for AVR-USB
Views: 3786

Linux Host Application for AVR-USB

Hi,

does anybody know of a Linux host application example for an AVR-USB using LibUSB, e.g. like powerswitch?

Thanks,
Tom
by iphi
Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:25 am
Topic: Easylogger not enumerated on one computer
Views: 3664

I'm still desperately searching for the reason why this happens. Can't anybody give a hint on a search strategy for the cause of the enumeration failure? What can be learned from the fact that enumeration works if the system is rebooted with the device plugged in, but not when un- and replugged? Tha...
by iphi
Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:31 pm
Topic: Easylogger not enumerated on one computer
Views: 3664

Easylogger not enumerated on one computer

Hi, I have a problem with Easylogger on one specific computer: While the device works fine on most computers, it is not recognized/not enumerated on any of 8 USB outlets on one specific computer (WinXP like all other tested ones). All outlets work fine with other USB devices like a mouse. Strange th...
by iphi
Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:01 pm
Topic: general AVR-USB timing questions
Views: 3285

general AVR-USB timing questions

Hi, I have a few questions concerning the ObDev AVR-USB solution regarding computing capability: 1. How much AVR computing capacity is required if the device is in idle mode, i.e. no data transfered, just keeping the USB connection to the host alive? I suppose, the AVR gets USB work with every frame...