Search found 6 matches

by barney
Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:58 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: change hid-data transfer size
Replies: 3
Views: 4417

Re: change hid-data transfer size

Oh also btw, the hidtool is hardcoded as well at 128 bytes. So you may want to look at that C code, because even if you were successful and only storing and sending back less than 128 bytes to the hidtool, it will "pad" it out anyway. Also keep in mind the smallest amount you can send and/...
by barney
Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:54 pm
Topic: change hid-data transfer size
Replies: 3
Views: 4417

Re: change hid-data transfer size

I took a look at it myself and unfortunately can't see any other place to change it. Sorry I couldn't help but at least you know someone is also blind to what needs to be changed. I was told somewhere else that the data packets in this type of HID transfer are 64 bytes. So maybe you are looking for ...
by barney
Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:47 am
Topic: hid-data example and hid comm from Java host
Replies: 1
Views: 3768

Re: hid-data example and hid comm from Java host

Could my issue have anything to do with this setting in the usbconfig.h file? My current circuit doesn't have a crystal at all so I can't really test this and set it to 1. Based on the CRC checks is this the mechanism that is used at the host end to validate that the data was received? Is so is ther...
by barney
Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:58 pm
Topic: hid-data example and hid comm from Java host
Replies: 1
Views: 3768

hid-data example and hid comm from Java host

I have the hid-data example working fine when using the included command line testing tool called hidtool. However, I am using a Java library for communication with a HID http://code.google.com/p/javahidapi/ . I have used this successfully before on a project I created in Arduino using a Teensy 2.0 ...
by barney
Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:41 pm
Topic: "Burning up" attiny85 chips [SOLVED BUT...]
Replies: 2
Views: 5231

Re: "Burning up" attiny85 chips

Thanks for the reply but I am not using a crystal in the circuit. After burning up a few more chips I figured out that I needed to changed the fuse setting. The notes in the Makefile say this (see below), but for the ATTiny85 apparently you need to make the low fuse 0xe1 NOT 0xef as the excerpt show...
by barney
Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:22 am
Topic: "Burning up" attiny85 chips [SOLVED BUT...]
Replies: 2
Views: 5231

"Burning up" attiny85 chips [SOLVED BUT...]

I am using the latest 2012-12 stock hid-data example. Since I am using a attiny85 chip I changed these settings in the usbconfig.h file: #define USB_CFG_IOPORTNAME B // was D #define USB_CFG_DMINUS_BIT 1 // was 4 #define USB_CFG_DPLUS_BIT 2 In the Makefile I changed these lines: DEVICE = attiny85 F_...