Search found 4 matches

by qdot
Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:52 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: Powersaving USB device
Replies: 1
Views: 2177

Powersaving USB device

Do you guys have any suggestions how to optimize power consumption of a device while it's not connected (and thus not charging) from the USB bus? I'm running out of IO ports, so I'm thinking 1M pullup on D+, and? how can I tell from inside the main poll loop if we're connected to the USB master and ...
by qdot
Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:36 pm
Topic: eeprom_write break my connection...
Replies: 3
Views: 3579

Re: eeprom_write break my connection...

I'm using attiny84, PCINT for interrupt handling, and a 16MHz crystal (while powered off 3.3V bus, I know, out of spec :(), but I have no problem reading and writing the eeprom.

Try modifying and building a hid-data example code, it does reads and writes off the eeprom.
by qdot
Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:08 am
Topic: Limit on the # of reports (hid-data) [SOLVED]
Views: 1992

Re: Limit on the # of reports (hid-data)

I'm such a fool. I was creating a file descriptor with each openDevice(), and, surely enough, 1020 descriptors (+4 default ones) away, we're out of them.
by qdot
Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:48 am
Topic: Limit on the # of reports (hid-data) [SOLVED]
Views: 1992

Limit on the # of reports (hid-data) [SOLVED]

Hi! I am playing around with a hid-data code sample. It's running quite happily, with a couple of changes that makes it use a RAM buffer, etc. The goal is to implement some log-console over USB, and to gain more familiarity with USB development. So, I have the linux-side userland code, that boils do...