Search found 22 matches

by gert
Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:14 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: IgorPlug-USB (AVR) USB IR receiver
Replies: 5
Views: 6108

Re: IgorPlug-USB (AVR) USB IR receiver

I live in Germany, where the Tiny2313 costs less than half a glass of beer ;-)

This forum doesn't seem to support private messages, but you can reach me via email at MCRJFOAYNSDD(a)spammotel.com .

Cheers,
Gert
by gert
Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:12 am
Topic: IgorPlug-USB (AVR) USB IR receiver
Views: 6108

Re: IgorPlug-USB (AVR) USB IR receiver

Hi Cb900f, the Tiny2313 is a very basic device, and I guess that it was selected because it's cheap. Most likely there is a way to port the code to some other device, but unfortunately the IgorPlug-USB page is so poorly structured that I gave up searching for the source code after a couple of minute...
by gert
Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:52 am
Topic: I2C-tiny-USB data transfer
Replies: 2
Views: 5099

Hi Alan I2C-tiny-USB uses the control endpoint to transfer data, therefore it's limited to 8 Bytes at a time. If you plan to transfer more than 8 bytes at a time you need to implement an interrupt endpoint in your USB device. It may be a good idea to take USBasp or USBaspLoader as a starting point. ...
by gert
Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:30 pm
Topic: UART/USI -> HID device?
Views: 4487

Hello Andrew You asked a number of questions... Will the UART interrupts interfere with the USB communication? - Yes, it will. The USB code must not be interrupted. How would you recommend that I get started? - If synchronizing your devices with the USB 1msec "heartbeat" is an option, you ...
by gert
Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:50 pm
Topic: hid-mouse in Ubuntu
Views: 6409

Hi Bearing

To my knowledge (as a Debian/Ubuntu/OpenWRT user) there is no issue with AVR-USB other than bulk transfer from low speed devices (e.g. CDC).

What you describe sounds more like an electrical problem (i.e. zener diodes).

Best
Gert
by gert
Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:49 pm
Topic: [SOLVED] ATmega32 is failing to receive the address
Replies: 11
Views: 15687

Hi epsilon_da

what do you mean with "minimalistic code"? Could it be that you never opened the folder usbdrv?

/Gert
by gert
Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:06 am
Topic: Atmega16+32 not found with 16MHz crystal on some Hosts
Replies: 20
Views: 22198

Andy, I don't expect a problem with the 16MHz code. Did you test the crystal oscillator's frequency stability of the device that doesn't work? Hint: if you don't have a precision counter, try beat counting. Create a fixed frequency output signal from the device in question and compare it with one fr...
by gert
Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:52 am
Topic: hex file
Replies: 9
Views: 9544

Hallo Somebody Ja, Powerswitch funktioniert problemlos mit dem attiny2313. Die Fuse-Bytes sollten wie in MAKEFILE beschrieben gesetzt werden. <english>Yes, Powerswitch will work right away with attiny2313. The fuse bytes should be set as described in MAKEFILE.</english> /Gert PS: please check m
by gert
Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:34 pm
Topic: ATtiny 2313 for interfacing with USB.
Replies: 4
Views: 6929

Using a Tiny2313 should be possible. However, keep in mind that there are just a few hundred bytes left for your application,

As always "Powerswitch" is a good staring point.

@guest: how much do you pay for a atmega8, at which quantities?

/g
by gert
Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:58 am
Topic: AVR USB stops responding
Views: 6479

Do you have any idea how long your procedure occupies the CPU?
by gert
Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:55 pm
Topic: Problems building bootloadHID
Replies: 14
Views: 17040

highlanderf1

Sorry, but I didn't try USB-LED-Fader under WinXP, and currently I don't even have a WinXP installation for testing,

If you're looking for libusb, it's included in the powerSwitch archive.

Cheers
gert
by gert
Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:26 pm
Topic: USB commands
Views: 4626

You can't expect any help, unless you give sufficient details about your application.
/G
by gert
Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:12 pm
Topic: Full Speed possible?
Views: 6610

AVR-USB is "least-cost low-speed USB". No bad feelings, but I'd recommend that you look somewhere else.
/G
by gert
Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:32 am
Topic: Full Speed possible?
Views: 6610

You'd need a rather fast chip, and "abuse" it for software-only USB protocol. To my knowledge, µCs fast enough for your this task (~ 100MHz) a) have both a cache and a pipeline, so fixed timing for "bit-banging" low level protocolls is (at least) difficult to implement, and b) of...
by gert
Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:15 pm
Topic: Problems building bootloadHID
Replies: 14
Views: 17040

I tested HIDBoot with a different WinXP installation, and this time it worked. A closer examination of the first PC showed a badly broken USB enumeration (even attaching a USB 1.1 hub requires a manual driver installation).

Sorry for having bothered you for nothing!
/G