Search found 63 matches

by horo
Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:27 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: Problem to compile a program with V-USB library [SOLVED]
Replies: 15
Views: 19159

Re: Problem to compile a simple program with V-USB library

Hi Luca, prova.o: In function `main': prova.c:(.text+0x1a): undefined reference to `usbInit' prova.c:(.text+0x3a): undefined reference to `usbPoll' you also need the V-USB part linked to your program. The best way to do this is the use of a makefile - look into a sample V-USB project. Ciao, Martin
by horo
Thu May 31, 2012 10:07 am
Topic: USB MIDI Interface
Replies: 93
Views: 457876

Re: USB MIDI Interface

Hi, some days ago I had an email discussion with Philipp (in german) about my hardware, maybe the conclusion will be helpful so I'll give a rough translation: Q: what does the inductor do? A: it formes a lowpass together with the two capacitors to filter out noise from 5v usb. Q: what about 3.3V and...
by horo
Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:36 pm

Hi, some time ago I also did some tests with win xp and linux: http://forums.obdev.at/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1352&start=15#p9104 linux: bmAttributes=2 (bulk), bIntervall don't care -> 2ms poll, low cpu load bmAttributes=3 (interrupt), bIntervall=1..3 -> 2ms poll, low cpu load bmAttributes=3 (in...
by horo
Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:03 pm

Hi happy new year to all V-USB hackers I've just pushed my local repo to bitbucket . The latest changes I did were some experiments with the descriptors - e.g. I removed the (mandatory) dummy AudioControl desc. It's also possible to remove the Jack descriptors (sections B.4.3 and B.4.4) without prob...
by horo
Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:15 pm

Hi Adrian, nice project - your hw interface sounds clever - I will try it. Did I understand your connections correctly? - the D+ pin is connectet to the 220/330 divider, the D- pin goes through 550 to the 2k2/4k7, the 5V may be replaced by a third pin to use the UsbDeviceConnect feature? D+ 5V D- | ...
by horo
Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:48 am
Topic: Maximum Sample Rate in V-USB Data Acquisition Projects
Replies: 7
Views: 7510

Re: Maximum Sample Rate in V-USB Data Acquisition Projects

Hi Pedram, you're welcome to ask Maybe one possible solution for your problem would be if you use the "USB-SOF-heartbeat" ticking every millisecond to trigger your analog conversion (look into usbconfig.h): ... /* ---------------------------- Hardware Config ---------------------------- */...
by horo
Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:25 am
Topic: Maximum Sample Rate in V-USB Data Acquisition Projects
Replies: 7
Views: 7510

Re: Maximum Sample Rate in V-USB Data Acquisition Projects

Hi,

Grendel is right - 10ms poll rate is the theory - but for practical tests (win: 8ms, linux: 2 ms) look at the v-usb-midi thread. And you're able to send 8 bytes packages with 4 unpacked samples (i.e. 400 samples/s).

Ciao Martin
by horo
Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:42 pm

USB MIDI Interface

Hi, beside the already known Pepper-MIDI (Control SX-150 Synth via MIDI) I just discovered some fine new projects based on V-USB-MIDI: Wojciech Zabolotny's MIDI Expression Pedal and MIDI Drum Trigger and Yoshitaka Kuwata's Monaka , a MIDI/OSC hard- and software toolbox. I'm just transfering my own V...
by horo
Tue May 25, 2010 10:26 am

Hi Alan,

any success so far?

Ciao Martin
by horo
Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:21 am
Topic: How do you enable INTERRUPT transfers?
Replies: 5
Views: 8060

Re: How do you enable INTERRUPT transfers?

Hi,

take a look at my project V-USB-MIDI. I created a custom config and modified the endpoint descriptor to use bulk or int transfers at different poll rates:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1352&start=15#p9034

Ciao Martin
by horo
Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:03 am

hmmm, if i'm correct, this way i can send at most 4 bytes at once right ? and i have no way to getting back return informations. Hi solata10, no, you can send eight bytes, i.e. two midi messages - if you set up some kind of state machine in your device you'll be able to send back a midi event as a ...
by horo
Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:51 pm

Hi K-Duke, welcome, nice that you build a drum device, good link to the hardware interfacing. I know it's frustrating if a new project doesn't work as expected. Don't worry. Well, let me try to bring some light into the darkness 1. The suspicious "sendEmptyFrame" originates from the AVR-CD...
by horo
Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:31 am
Topic: nanoseconds
Replies: 12
Views: 8933

Re: nanoseconds

FROM avr-libc manual: void _delay_us ( double __us ) Perform a delay of __us microseconds, using _delay_loop_1(). void _delay_loop_1 ( uint8_t __count ) Delay loop using an 8-bit counter __count, so up to 256 iterations are possible. (The value 256 would have to be passed as 0.) The loop executes th...
by horo
Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:13 pm

Hi muntablues,

back at my hardware I've checked again, at receive of midi signals from pc my test led at PORT C.5 toggles (in usbFunctionWriteOut). I'm running this test on a debian linux with kernel 2.6.29.4-rt16.

Ciao Martin
by horo
Sat May 30, 2009 11:38 am

Hi muntablues, how do you send data to the device? I connected it as an midi out and sent midi notes from my vkeybd (virtual midi keyboard application). I also connected the output from V-USB-MIDI to its input and got the leds blinking at the turn op the pots. I tested at my linux box, running jack ...