why is it [22] ?
by vsovereign
Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:46 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: Question about device descriptor
Replies: 1
Views: 2255

Question about device descriptor

Why don't we use it in hid-data example?
I only see report descriptor there.
by vsovereign
Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:01 pm
Topic: Question about report descriptor
Replies: 1
Views: 2107

Question about report descriptor

Okay, so I'm a newbie. So please bear with me on this This is the report descriptor that can be found on the firmware of the hid-data example. PROGMEM char usbHidReportDescriptor[22] = { /* USB report descriptor */ 0x06, 0x00, 0xff, // USAGE_PAGE (Generic Desktop) 0x09, 0x01, // USAGE (Vendor Usage ...
by vsovereign
Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:47 am
Topic: what is the transfer type of the hid-data example?
Replies: 3
Views: 3652

what is the transfer type of the hid-data example?

What kind of transfer is used in the hid-data example? Is it control transfer or interrupt transfer? Because I know only these two can be used by low-speed device. I think it's control transfer. But I'm not really sure. I know that control transfer has setup, data and status stages. But I don't know...
by vsovereign
Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:22 pm
Topic: About functions usbhidGetReport & usbhidSetReport
Replies: 0
Views: 4476

About functions usbhidGetReport & usbhidSetReport

These two function are used in the commandline tool of the hid-data example.

Does this two functions are the same with the GetReport & SetReport functions of the HID?
I know this sounds silly and at first glance the should be the same. But I just want to make sure.
by vsovereign
Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:46 pm
Topic: hid-data on tiny45
Replies: 7
Views: 6294

Re: hid-data on tiny45

I managed to communicate with the device as well as sending and receiving bytes :-)

The trick is to get rid of include "osccal.h" before you compile the hidtool.
And then add it again after you finish compiling :-)
by vsovereign
Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:46 pm
Topic: SOLVED! "device not recognized"
Replies: 10
Views: 9821

Re: "device not recognized"

I managed to communicate with the device as well as sending and receiving bytes :-)

The trick is to get rid of include "osccal.h" before you compile the hidtool.
And then add it again after you finish compiling :-)

If anyone wanna know more, look at the hid-data on attiny 45 post
by vsovereign
Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:39 am

See usbconfig.h carefully. You have to define USB_CFG_HAVE_MEASURE_FRAME_LENGTH to 1 and include "osccal.h" here. hi Osamu, I managed to connect the device to the host. I put #include "osccal.h" in the usbconfig.h just like you showed. the device is now recognized by the host. b...
by vsovereign
Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:00 pm

hi Maxi, I managed to connect the device to the host. I put #include "osccal.h" in the usbconfig.h just like you showed. the device is now recognized by the host. but now I have trouble trying to communicate with the device. I buuilt the host software according to the readme file BUILDING ...
by vsovereign
Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:15 pm

the above is written by me, lol! :D
didn't realize I was writing as a guest :mrgreen:
by vsovereign
Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:18 am

hi, thanks for the answers. I tried to put the OSCCAL into the main.c of HID_DATA and then to call it in the main program (int_main(void)) It doesn't work so far. But I maight have call it the wrong way. The program below is how I put the OSCCAL into the main.c and how I call it in main. Any ideas a...
by vsovereign
Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:13 am

what did you change when you adapted easylogger to hid-data example? So just get a fresh copy of the hid-data example, edit the makefile (DEVICE, FUSE_L & FUSE_H), edit usbconfig.h (port/pin configs) Add OSCCAL from libs-device and that should be about all there is to it. Hey Maxi, I tried to a...
by vsovereign
Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:56 pm

SOLVED! "device not recognized"

I'm trying to implement hid-data example to ATtiny45. My template project is easylogger since it uses the same controller, simple and I already made it. It works fine. I modified the circuit a little bit. Some datas: frequency is 16500000 Hz fuse high is 0xdd fuse low is 0xe1 Note : these are the va...
by vsovereign
Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:04 am

Just to confirm I have successfully had both of those examples running on my ATtiny45 so it certainly can be done. I have no idea what could be causing your particular problem but i'd guess that its something minor that you have simply overlooked. Perhaps when you post your sources someone will spo...
by vsovereign
Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:20 pm
Topic: hid-data doesn't work for ATtiny45
Replies: 0
Views: 4748

hid-data doesn't work for ATtiny45

Hi there, Newbie here I've tried to get the hid-data example on a tiny45. I used some parts of the Easylogger project to adopt it to the tiny. EasyLogger works perfectly. Now, the device is recognized. But after some seconds, it says there's a problem and that the device won't work correctly.. I can...