Search found 102 matches

by blargg
Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:19 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: PowerSwitch on Attiny2313A
Replies: 7
Views: 7794

Re: PowerSwitch on Attiny2313A

Fuses are always the thing I forget. It's sort of like having two apparently identical PCs, where one has some problem, and you eventually track it down to some obscure CMOS setting that differed. Fuses/CMOS are great but easily overlooked.
by blargg
Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:17 pm
Topic: HID Gamepad - not more than 16 buttons?
Replies: 5
Views: 9662

Re: HID Gamepad - not more than 16 buttons?

Thanks for elaborating and reminding me that confirmation of issues is valuable too. I wanted to figure out why there were separate classes for Game Pad and Joystick. I wasn't able to find out any more or a spec of each of their limitations. I understood the longer report thing to basically be that ...
by blargg
Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:12 pm
Topic: HID Gamepad - not more than 16 buttons?
Replies: 5
Views: 9662

Re: HID Gamepad - not more than 16 buttons?

At first I thought it might be an issue with the report being longer than 8 bytes for a low-speed device, but when I pared it down to just buttons (so as to get the report <= 8 bytes), no matter what I did, going from 16 to 32 buttons caused it to not show up as /dev/input/js0 on Ubuntu 12.04. I tri...
by blargg
Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:42 am
Topic: PowerSwitch on Attiny2313A
Replies: 7
Views: 7794

Re: PowerSwitch on Attiny2313A

Did you program all the fuses the same as on the attiny2313a? (and not rely on any defaults, i.e. not write some of the fuse bytes)
by blargg
Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:02 am
Topic: Behavior of 500mA devices
Replies: 1
Views: 4001

Re: Behavior of 500mA devices

The device starts out in low-power mode and communicates its desire for more power to the host through its descriptor. If the host determines that the device can operate in high power mode, it will let it know that it is authorized to. See 7.2.1.4 High-power Bus-powered Functions in the USB 1.1 spec...
by blargg
Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:45 pm
Topic: Difficulties Replicating C64 USB
Replies: 15
Views: 17687

Re: Difficulties Replicating C64 USB

Is your programmer going directly through the USB? I don't quite understand your setup if you changed those.

Here's the relevant portion of the schematic of a USBasp that I ran the code on. USB is on PB0 and PB1, with PB1 also tied to INT0.

by blargg
Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:16 am

First thing I notice that's possibly a problem is the 1W zener diodes. I've read of people having trouble with these due to their capacitance, and recommendations to use 0.5W. If you don't have any handy, you could build a temporary alternate level converter with 6 generic signal diodes just to see ...
by blargg
Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:21 am

Sorry if I came across as unpleasant. I know you said you give up, but I think you probably did the changes right in your earlier message and showed pretty well that it's probably hardware. If you take some sharp photos of the front and back of the board, I'd be happy to look over them to see any pr...
by blargg
Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:04 am

My diff will only work on a USBasp, which has USB on PB0, PB1, and PD2 (for INT0). If you're going to try it on your hardware you'll need to leave the USB pins at what they were before. All the other changes I made should work on your hardware. The point of my test was just to verify that the code b...
by blargg
Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:00 pm
Topic: HID Device description
Replies: 3
Views: 6039

Re: HID Device description

USB_CFG_DEVICE_NAME (be sure to update USB_CFG_DEVICE_NAME_LEN afterwards).
by blargg
Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:57 pm

Here is the entire diff (besides swapping in the newer usbdrv) I ran on my USBasp stick. I disabled key scanning because nothing is connected. Patch with cd c64key && patch -p1 <../c64key-usbasp.diff diff -rupN c64key/m8key/main.c c64key-usbasp/m8key/main.c --- c64key/m8key/main.c 2007-12-09...
by blargg
Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:24 am

I'm using Ubuntu and tried the linked version (with a couple of mode to make it run on a USBasp board), and got an error when connecting it. I noticed it's using an old version of V-USB. Using the latest (20121206) it is properly recognized as a USB keyboard: Aug 26 20:19:26 optiplex kernel: [180787...
by blargg
Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:33 am
Topic: USBASP / ISP Programmer as V-USB
Replies: 8
Views: 12761

Re: USBASP / ISP Programmer as V-USB

Three problems fixed and your code works for me. First, you mistakenly used PINxx as the bit number almost everywhere: if (!(PIND & (1<<PIND0))) { // error if (!(PIND & (1<<PD0))) { // correct if (!(PIND & (1<<0))) { // what I use The Pxx constants for port bits aren't very useful IMO. I...
by blargg
Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:49 pm

I use avrdude to flash it. I didn't change any fusebits since naturally USBasp needs the same settings as almost any V-USB program would. It is a 12MHz quartz crystal with atmega8A. That is' not an atmega8L shouldn't matter for this use. Can you help me to Implement a 4 Button HID Keyboard? But it s...
by blargg
Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:13 am

I modified HIDKeys to work with the usbasp and four switches connected to PB2-PB5 and took pictures of the steps . In the pictures I show how an inexpensive set of "dupont" male-male cables makes it nice to use with a breadboard. My steps: connect one programmer to another, bridge JP2 on t...